PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaddy306

Lifer
Aug 7, 2013
Regina, Canada
For those of you who have tried all (or several) of the Frog Morton line, could you please rank them for me, not in terms of your favourites, but in order of latakia strength?
There's been lots said about the Froggies, but I'm trying to figure out which would be the mildest and strongest latakia blends.
Thanks!

yaddy306

Lifer
Aug 7, 2013
Regina, Canada
Hey, Roth thanks for that.
I just calculated this:

If you stopped posting on this forum today, and I posted 100 times a day for the next four months, we'd have the same number of posts!

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Roth lives in the 7th or so dimension on our pipe forums, his posts are actually made from every probability in real time, so there really is no way to beat him, without becoming a higher being...

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
And if you try to analyze his post count or online time in any appreciable form, it will multiply right before your eyes to become once again, daunting and confusing to look at.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
I think that's a pretty fair assessment by Roth. Going in a different direction then your original post I sum up the three I've smoked as follows.
Frog Morton: Latakia. Folds into Virginias/plums. Stalls at 2/3s of a bowl.

Town: Latakia and Basma/Vanilla. Soft.

Cellar: Latakia with a heavy side of whiskey flavor. Full but not overpowering.
That's just my brief random thoughts on each. I actually like all of them but haven't fallen in love with any yet. I have yet to try Bayou but it's on my list. Definitely good tobaccos in my book.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have on hand an unopened FM Original, my first FM. However, right now I'm stuck on the pleasures

of Nat Sherman 536, which also has an elegant touch of Lat proportioned with admirable restraint,

which I really appreciate. It rotates with a few good aros in a most pleasing way. I also drop in a bowl

of Dunhill 965, which has a Lat edge, but still some balance. I don't want a blast, I want an inspiration.

Status
Not open for further replies.