Frog Morton's Cellar... Anyone else smell liquid smoke?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

matman88

Lurker
Mar 22, 2015
I am very new to pipe tobacco smoking. I started with a mini corncob pipe and some captain black and loved it. So I started doing research and quickly found a MM country gentleman online and ordered some FMCellar.

I work in a kitchen and have for the past few years and I am very familiar with the smell of liquid smoke and when I opened the can, I was overwhelmed with the scent. Needless to say I don't like liquid smoke's scent. I tried hard to get other smells but couldn't. Does anyone else feel this way or have experienced this? I enjoyed the smoke much more but expected a good smell coming out of the can, especially after the good reviews. Hope to hear from y'all! - Matman

matman88

Lurker
Mar 22, 2015
Wow! Thanks. If you ever get around some liquid smoke let me know if i reminds you of latakia.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Colgin Latakia Liquid Smoke....OMFG.
R-2885759-1352912515-5995.jpeg.jpg

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I loved the era and the music it gave birth to.
IMHO, the 60's and 70's will never be matched musically. 8)

Jan 8, 2013
That's a killer jam. I can honestly say I've never heard it before, but I freaking loved it. Of course now I will be buying the album and it will be my latakia smoking music. I wonder if the album cover is scratch and sniff latakia...

danimal

Lurker
May 17, 2015
I have enjoyed all the FM blends I only haven't tryed original FM. Any one try it here and any thoughts on it.

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
I enjoy them all...there is a FM thread where members list their favorites in order...you can search it and see which gets the most votes...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That is humorous but also most interesting, that someone thoroughly familiar with Liquid Smoke would find Latakia the same scent. For years people have been smelling ketchup in McClellands blends and leaf, especially Virginias like 5100.

Status
Not open for further replies.