PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmsutton

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2014
Over the last year I have tried all sorts of different Lat blends. Some of them have opened my eyes and heart towards "proper" English blends. Non-aromatics never seemed like something I would enjoy until I started searching, and I am now in love. However, I do enjoy the sweetness of some aromatics. I was looking for somewhere in between the spice of oriental blends and the sweetness of aromatics (I am a huge fan of chocolate and vanilla together). I read a few reviews about Frog Morton's Cellar, so I ordered some.... I found the perfect mix. It is sweet enough to call it sweet, yet peppery and spicy enough to taste to Latakia. I fell in love with the scent that came from the tin, and was eager to light it up. The first light made me glad I had spent the money. It burned well all the way through, and one bowl lasted a long time. No relights, just the perfect combination of sweet and spice, and left an amazing aroma in my apartment with a good aftertaste to boot! Will definitely be ordering more of it.

toadshade

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 9, 2014
I love it too. I'm becoming an evangelist of all the Frogs with Cellar at the head of the pack.
Toadshade

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
toadshade:
Since the science of the study of frogs and such is called "herpetology," I guess that we are going to have to start referring to you as our Herpipetologist!
Incidentally, I have yet to try Frog Morton's Cellar, but it is now on my list.

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
Hunter... you are punny. You should have your own one man show. It could be a Play On Words.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
lucky695:
Thank-you. I believe that it was Samuel Johnson who referred to the pun as the lowest form of humor.
Having said that, I wonder: If Frog Morton's sales continue to increase, then do you suppose that he will finally move out of the Cellar?

toadshade

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 9, 2014
evangelist of all the Frogs with Cellar at the head of the pack.
'Pack' should refer to wolves where a group of frogs would be called an army,a chorus or a colony and a group of Toads would be called a Knot.
Don't know what a group of Herpetologists is called but I'll make one up, drum roll - 'A sniffle of herpetologists.'
Out of the Chorus of Frogs I've tried I rate Cellar as Number 1, On the Bayou as Number 2, and Across the Pond as a close third. On the Town is in the mail clearing it's throat to join in the resounding chorus of it's Froggy Brethern sometime tomorrow.
A group of Frogs is also called a Box of Ribbets.
Doctor Toadshade

toadshade

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 9, 2014
And thanks for the new title Hunter!
I can safely say I've never been called that before!
Toadshade the Herpipetologist

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
I like all the FM series as well. I might rank them slightly different than toadshade but Cellar would rank #1 and certainly ranks in my overall top five tobaccos right now.

grouchydog

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2013
Man, that sounds good - I've wondered if FMC is too light for where I'm at right now, but you're making it sound mighty fine... I may have a tin in my copy-paper-box, errrr... I mean "cellar", I should check...

CherokeeBilly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2014
Granbury, TX
Do yourself a favor Grouchy and look. Out of all the FM tobaccos its #1 easily and in my top 10 tobaccos for sure. OTT is my #2 in that line but cellar kicks its butt for sure.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
About 6 months ago, I got a can of FM Cellar, and really enjoyed it. Then it kind of got lost in the shuffle of trying new tobaccos, until last month I got a can of FM On the Town. After a couple of bowls, I figured I needed to get the Cellar out and compare them. Currently, I love them both, but the On the Town is edging out the Cellar a little. I suppose I'll have to order all the rest now to see how much I like them too!

bulldogbriar89

Oct 3, 2014
FMC is one of my favorite blends I always keep 4 tins in my cellar and a tobacco jar full of the blend. it is an awesome blend I could smoke all the time.

tanless1

Sep 14, 2010
All these years i thought the great gildersleve was frogmorton, recently

I found out its Throckmorton.....was i ever chagrined.

minfarshaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
This is a good blend. I've got some on the drying board right now. Can't wait to smoke some. It's gonna go well with my Black and Tan.

pipefish

Can't Leave
Aug 25, 2013
Cellar is a great blend; it was one of the tobaccos that broke me out of the aromatic mold. OTT is good and I just got a tin of On the Bayou; will be interested in how FMOTB ranks with Cellar and OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.