PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
I recently received an order from Pipes and Cigars that included 100gr. of Frog Morton's Cellar. I was a little leery at first because I remembered many, many years ago when I tried Borkum Rhiff Whiskey. It was horrible stuff and I couldn't finish the pouch. But I went ahead and ordered FMC because it was a McClelland tobacco and I love many of their blends, particularly FMOTT. I was not disappointed. It's like FM with a tangy bourbon flavor in the background. You have to sip it because it can nip if puffed too fast. It retains the little bourbon tanginess all the way down the bowl. It is fairly moist but requires few relights. All in all, an enjoyable blend. I will put a more complete review up when I finish the tin.
Smokey

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Man everyone who has tried cellar always says it's their favorite or one of their favorites. Man I have to pick up a tin of it soon.

fireman03

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
I have yet to try the Frog line yet, but I haven't heard a bad thing about them though. I love Bourbon and this might make a good entry point for me.
Thanks for sharing.

johnnyxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2011
So many good reviews. Going to have to pick up a tin next time I make an order.

dpkrause

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
Man everyone who has tried cellar always says it's their favorite or one of their favorites. Man I have to pick up a tin of it soon.
You can add me to that list. I just tried it for the first time tonight. It was perfect. Mild and flavorful.. is that even possible, but somehow FMC does just that. The best part is the depth of flavor. The flavors washes over your tongue in waves. First the smokey latakia, then the smooth tobacco, and finally the sweet whiskey. This is one for the first tobaccos I have had that made me think "I need to have a large stash of this my cellar at all times."

checotah

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2012
Picked up a tin of FM Cellar a few months back and stuck it in my cellar. Am wanting to age it for a year, but you guys are really making it tough! Quit saying how good it is, will you? At least for another six months. I have very little will power when the Frog's in town....

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
I have on the bayou right now but I feel like it isn't as good as on the town. Cellar is at the top of my list. Now I have to find the cheapest place to get it online. Don't really want to spend 100 dollars to get free shipping right now lol.

dpkrause

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
I have on the bayou right now but I feel like it isn't as good as on the town. Cellar is at the top of my list. Now I have to find the cheapest place to get it online. Don't really want to spend 100 dollars to get free shipping right now lol.
Just come on down to Chattanooga and I will hook you up with a bowl or three. Our next club night is December 18th. Chattanooga Pipe and Cigar Club

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
I smoke frog morton cellar everyday. I really enjoy it and it is probably my favorite blend right now. Great stuff, if you havent tried it, you need to!

ceedee

Lurker
Nov 9, 2012
Just got my shipment of Frog Morton Cellar from Pipesandcigars today. Had a bowl of it in my Hackert and it was pretty damn amazing stuff. I dried it out a bit as it was pretty moist and it lit-up perfectly after that. So creamy good. The whisky stays in the background but it's just enough of a taste and aroma to please. I can tell it will be a "go to" for a long time.
CD

Status
Not open for further replies.