PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexander87

Might Stick Around
Aug 8, 2017
OK so I have read many threads on pipes not staying lit and many thanks to all who have gone before and have contributed so much this terrible affliction! For the most part I am able to keep a pipe lit with maybe 2-3 re-lights but I can't keep FM On the Town lit. Is this normal for a McClelland blend? Can anyone recommend a blend that just really stays on fire? Thanks!
PS I have also dried this stuff overnight, then for 2 days, still felt a little damp so I nuked it for 10 seconds. The stuff was dry and not packed too tight. Thanks everyone!!

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
After your charring light and tamp, on the relight did you get the whole top layer lit? Are you drawing too hard, or in a windy place, or did you eat Taco Bell recently?

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
PS I have also dried this stuff overnight, then for 2 days, still felt a little damp so I nuked it for 10 seconds. The stuff was dry and not packed too tight. Thanks everyone!!
Where do you live? What is the average RH this time of year? Some places, leaving it out increases the moisture content.

Status
Not open for further replies.