PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyelander

Lurker
Jun 12, 2014
I opened my first tin of Frog Morton Cellar and found a cube of wood about an inch thick buried inside the tobacco, one side of the cube is burnt. The description says "aged with stave cubes cut from barrels used to mature and flavor Frog Morton's own special whiskeys," but I was wondering if its common to find these cubes in this blend? Would it affect the tobacco in any way?

sailorjeremy

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2014
Virginia
It's totally normal. They're "supposed" to add flavor to the tobacco while its tinned. But they're pretty much just for show. Frog Morton Cellar is my favorite of the Frogs.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
I put it in my wife's shoe or under her pillow or under the rug or... Then I find it in the strangest places. It's a mystery fun-cube. :lol:

eyelander

Lurker
Jun 12, 2014
sailorjeremy- This is only my second FM blend, Frog on the Town is my favorite tobacco at the moment but cellar is pretty tasty.
papipeguy- Thanks for the recommendation, always on the look out for good tobaccos to try.

Dec 24, 2012
That big block is a bitch to cube cut and it tastes like shit when you smoke it. Worst plug tobacco I have ever tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.