PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronbrill

Might Stick Around
Sep 28, 2012
So it's Friday evening, what are your plans? This past week the temperatures have been getting down into the 30's at night, so the fall colors have accelerated quite rapidly over the past few days and the maples in the yard are taking on some nice oranges and yellows. I think I'm going to go sit on the back deck with a glass of bourbon and a pipe or two full of the mystery blend labeled "Autumn Gold" from my local shop. The taste is familiar but I can't quite put my finger on it, and I'm pretty sure I will buy some more the next time I stop in there. Who's going to join me?

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
After supper I am going to have a bowl of Hermit Tobacco's Captain Earle's Ten Russians. If I have an adult libation, which is not certain at this point, it will be a single malt.

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
I plan on sampling all the tobacco's I received yesterday, finishing with Davidoff Flake Medallions, which I'll save until later in the evening. Damn, this SG Navy Flake burns slow. I totally feel you on the Autumn colors. I live in Iowa and, man... all I can say is wow. Absolutely 100% my favorite time of year right now. As for alcohol, I'll pass. I don't know why but any amount of alcohol totally screws with me for days after I drink it.

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Some Altidis Blue Note Bulk for me and a wee bit of Ennerdale later on. I am still fighting a hell of a flu, cold, throat infection thing I have had for over a week now. Got sick last Friday, went to the doctor on Tuesday and was told I have sores all over my throat and was given 4 different medications. Now it's been a week and I still feel lousy but I am not having a fever or throbbing headache today so I may puff a little bit considering my order just came in!

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
well ive got some fights to watch tonight... so I think I'll be smoking some Robert Lewis Tree Mixture and some house blend (heavy latakia) ... of course might do a couple of Guinness too.
oh and I MISS the fall colors of NC :( it's frickin 100 degrees here in CA. with a high of 106 for sunday :( :(

kris

Can't Leave
Sep 16, 2012
Well... it's after 11pm over here... and I find myself wishing I was was back in New England in the fall. Best roadtrip/holiday I ever had...
Didn't even smoke a pipe back then though...

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Both of my sons are out so I am sitting here with some peace and quiet. I am smoking a bowl of Irish Flake and watching the Ryder Cup. Life is good.

Aug 14, 2012
I like daytonsean's suggestion. I will get a can of Syrian Full Balkan out of the cellar and maybe have some JW Doubleblack scotch with it.

jameral

Nov 29, 2011
San Mateo
I'm enjoying my second bowl of Esoterica Dorchester, this stuff is growing on me. I'll be adding more to the cellar for sure when I can get my hands on some. My smoke is accompanied by some Killian's Irish Red Ale. Later tonight I'm gonna grill me up a juicy rib eye steak, I'm happy happy happy!

ramblinhawk

Lurker
Sep 19, 2012
After I get the kids to bed I'm going to try some Dunhill Standard in my new Peterson. Maybe some red wine, or a little Laphroig Triple Wood.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
I'm spending my friday evening in the computer room, just browsing the web and flipping through the channels on t.v. while smoking Blue Note in my Peterson smooth 314.

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Hmmm....what next...perhaps a little "Planters Punch" for the Giant and some Scotch Flake for the Churchwarden...

View-Alfred-1.jpg

john218

May 5, 2012
Connecticut
I started the day smoking a bowl of Harkness Tower from the Owl Shop, one of my favorite English blends, while waiting for the brown truck with an order from L.J.Peretti. I got some of their Royal Blend, which has been compared to Balkan Sobranie, their Blend 33, a burley and cavendish blend and a tin of Wessex Burley Slice, none of which I have had before. I smoked a bowl of Royal Blend earlier and right now I'm smoking a bowl of the Wessex. Three very enjoyable smokes.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
It is getting cool at night here as well and the fall colours are starting to emerge. I was all set to smoke some latakia but jameral got me going with the mention of Esoterica Dorchester so now I am going to have to have a bowl of Dorchester and then later a bowl of Samuel Gawith Commonwealth to satisfy my latakia tooth. Iced water on the side. Cheers all.

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
Was about 84 degrees today in Alberta, Canada, awesome weather for this time of year here. Sitting on the deck with the wife & mother in law drinking wine and smoking some Peterson Irish Flake. Leaves rustling and falling...saw the first group of geese heading South. I love the fall.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
its actually raining right now while im sitting outside in my back yard. It never rains in the desert! Its nice and cool as well which is a great change. Have a bowl of Frog Morton's Cellar Pipe Tobacco right now and a nice cold Sam Adams Octoberfest.

Status
Not open for further replies.