PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
So I bought a pipe yesterday, and it's a KSI. I'll have pictures soon, but for now the only info I have is near where the stem meets the shank, it has 643 A. The "A' though, appears to be Masonic. However, I can't tell for sure because it is fairly small, so not a huge ammount of detail is there. Just looking to see if anyone here might be able to shed some light on this pipe. I tried looking it up, but KSI pipes don't seem too popular. Looks like a nice one though.

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
Got it at a head shop. There aren't any tobacconists in the area, so my options are limited when not buying online. I went in for a cigar, saw some pipes, and fell in love with this one. I was surprised to see a tobacco pipe of this quality there. Usually head shops carry inexpensive tobacco pipes to back up their claims of being a tobacco store.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
It's a Rune from the Kunig (Proto Bulgarian) Rune language. It has connections to the Vikings but also to the Greeks. It was often used as code during Medaeval times. It has history as being used to identify coded text and as part of a code itself. I wouldn't be surprised if the Templars or Masons used it at some point, but it isn't "Official" as a Masonic code. The similarity to the Square and compasses as well as the cryptic nature of the symbol itself could make it attractive to a Mason, though.

hans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2012
Yes this is a common stylized old style A. I highly doubt this has anything to do with freemasonry. It bares a similar shape to a Masonic compass and right angle but the Letter G is what is important in that symbol. It's not creating a letter A. But the mystery of this pipe should still be solved!
masonic_emblem_chart.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.