Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipingnate

Lurker
Mar 26, 2015
I've seen some free 'baccy promos but you need to be 21 for. Strapped for cash at the moment and was curious if any members sitting on some cellared tobaccos wouldn't mind sending a couple bowfuls of recommended blends a newcomer's way? Does anyone know of any free tobacco promos that you can be 18 for?

justinm91

Lurker
Feb 27, 2015
You can get 2 or so ounces of some stuff for like, 5 bucks.
http://www.pipesandcigars.com/pipe-tobacco/39872/dunhill-my-mixture-965-tin-bulk/
http://www.pipesandcigars.com/pipe-tobacco/39892/half-and-half/

pipingnate

Lurker
Mar 26, 2015
Just trying to find good deals...don't mean completely free lol. I mean as close to as possible like those "free" promos are you pay $1 for the tobacco plus shipping or some ridiculous shipping fee. I know some people don't like guys asking for stuff but I'm just figuring it couldn't hurt to ask. Thanks Justin for the links to those tobaccos I'll definitely order a tin/pouch.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Oh ok I would sign up on sites like pipes and cigars, smokingpipes,4noggins etc they have email lists and will email promos and deals they have.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
I'm sure we all understand being in a financially tough place. I hope someone does send a bit of something your way. You'll find this an extremely generous community....though a humble one as well...most find their share of that generosity unexpectedly, rather than when asked for.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Since some locales in the US have the tobacco purchase age at 19 ( Alaska comes to mind, I used to live there ), places offering free samples play it safe and just say 21.

perlasca

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 11, 2015
@Pipingnate, try clicking on on the link when it appears for the $1.00 pouches.

You get five or six coupons if I remember correctly. Only trouble is finding a store that sells them.

ember

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2014
Pm me and I could pass you something I don't have a cellar just some small jars of different stuff . I came across some really good dudes on this site and I'm happy to pay it forward

madtohkin

Lurker
Apr 29, 2015
I am interested in trading. I've been looking for the baccy that I smelled ad a kid and haven't found it yet. Now I have a bunch of one oz bags of aro's. There not bad just not what I'm looking for. 1Q, H&H caramel apple pie, tropical and cherry cavendish. Tobacco Galleria Irish cream and Rum Maple.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I just remembered what happened to me a couple of weeks ago at the plaza where I grocery shop and thrift and dollar store.

I was walking along away from the grocery toward the thrift shop and I guess I must have heard this kid behind me say "Mr"...."Mr"...."Mr" about 3 times before I realized he as addressing ME. He was in his early 20's, wearing ear buds and unspectacular but not ragged casual clothes and appeared to be in good physical condition. I was taller than he by half a head, but I'm 6'3 1/2". Don't forget that 1/2"....

I turned and stopped and he approached and said: "do you have fifty cents?"

Now, I'm obviously not walking around on this planet at the age of almost 67, (next month) without fifty cents, and I exasperatingly said: "Of course I do!"

He then says to me that he's thirsty and indicated a McD's on the corner and mentioned a beverage.

Here's where my pipe forum etiquette lessons failed me, but I've survived.

I told him that the grocery store had a water fountain for FREE, and turned and went on my way.
A half hour later, I was a mile down the road to another plaza, and low and behold, here's Jr. strolling the sidewalk looking for fifty cents.

I'll give away anything I have if someone NEEDS it. (St Peter, you don't need mine yet.)

Status
Not open for further replies.