Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Check it out! Free Pipe Tobacco when you fill out a short survey!
It took me less than a minute.
To receive our free sample of smoking pipe tobacco you must be 21 years of age or older.
Please note the following restrictions:

1. The offer applies only to persons residing in the continental United States.

2. Only one sample will be shipped per address.

3. Duplicate requests will be rejected.

4. The email address provided must be valid.
http://www.pipeshowonline.net/Request_Altadis.php

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Nice link Kevin!
I have received the free tobacco from them before. They will send it (it might take awhile) and it is always good to try different tobacco blends.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
This thread was started a while ago, but I guess they are still sending it out.
The samples I got helped me qualify for the new "Drug Store Group".
I got 3 - 1.5 oz pouches each from the Tobacco Galleria line; Wild Cherry, Blue Note and Fox & Hound.
I haven't tried them yet, but I am not too picky. I was thinking of sending them to Dek as a present though.

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
Do not give up hope. I got my free sample yesterday, and it was a tin of Sutliff Private Stock no. 5 Blend. Let me say that it is a fine blend indeed. The price could not be beat, and the timing was perfect. Hurray! I do enjoy free stuff. Especially a can of fine English pipe tobacco.

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
Mick I received my can of private stock no. 5 the other day also. I have not smoked it yet, but it smells very good. I was surprised they send a whole tin. I was expecting a smaller sample.

surfmac211

Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Oh oh I did two surveys one for my hookah and one for my pipe but did them under the same address. I got the hookah stuff in but not the pipe. Am I going to miss out on the pipe opportunity since I put them under the same address?

jonesing

Feb 11, 2010
You'll know for sure in about 3 years.
Not sure what "system" they use. But it certainly makes for a nice surprise when you get something.
I doubt they are overly picky about sending 2 different samples. I read something that they are looking to this samples program as one of their key marketing strategies given restrictions on advertising.
There's a tin of Great Outdoors in the southern box.
RJ

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
I got a tin of great outdoors a couple of months ago .The blend is a nice smoke , not great . In two years they have blessed me with a free sample twice. Way to go Altadis .

josephpaul

Lurker
Jun 11, 2010
I just filled out the form. Hmmm I wonder if they'll send the Maple Street? Whatever I get, I'll share with the club and report back here what everyone thought... I have to say - it's a brilliant way to get on people's radar.

chuckw

Oct 7, 2009
I filled out their survay about three years ago and never heard a word. I got two samples at the Richmond Show last year and found them bland.

thomc80

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2010
Can also get free samples from tobacco trader by calling them at 310-823-5831 and telling them you wanna try their Savannah blend.

josephpaul

Lurker
Jun 11, 2010
My First Impressions of Altadis Maple Street
The 1.5 oz tin doesn't say Altadis but rather Sutliff Private Stock. It reads "Quality Mixture with Flavorful Maple & Old Rum" on the front. When I cracked it open and took a whiff, I caught a light maple and golden rum scent. After several more whiffs, I also detected a hint of walnut. I packed my brand new Missouri Meerschaum "General" cob about 3/4 full, put the leash on my dog and took a walk to the park to my favorite west-facing hill just before sunset where I plopped down in the grass. I lit my pipe with a charring light and then a second light and puffed about every 5 seconds. The tobacco smoke in the first third of the smoke smelled pleasant, like a lighter version of what I experienced earlier, with a decent amount of tobacco flavor coming through. The sun was setting and the sky was pink fading into purple with battalions of clouds marching into the distance. The smoke from the cob were white and puffy and remained so until the end. In the middle of the smoke, the tobacco taste and smell, which was quite mild, took a more prominent role with only a hint of maple. It was a nice cool summer night to enjoy a pipe - there was a bit of a breeze and the leaves on the trees were dancing. In the last part of the smoke after around 15 minutes, I was picking up a faint taste of cake. I decided it was somewhere between a chocolate brownie and a pancake. In the final few puffs, I noticed that the smoke clouds turned into more of a steam and smelled like corn, which was from the stem of the cob that protrudes into the bowl on new cobs until it burns off. After I let it cool down, I saw a little bit of dottle, hiding under the stem, but most of the tobacco burned off into black flaky ash and white powdery ash.
Conclusions: A fine aromatic for those who enjoy a mild tobacco and don't want a sweet mixture. The description on the can was accurate. Smelled and tasted wonderful. Burned evenly. I would recommend it and I will buy this again.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Joseph that was a very poetic review. Sounds like you really had a good experience.

But, I'm a little confuzzeled. Is it called Altadis Maple Street or, does it have a Sutliff Private Stock number?

josephpaul

Lurker
Jun 11, 2010
Thanks - it was such a nice evening, I just had to share the details.
Regarding the tobacco, I had ordered it from the Altadis number. I was a little confuzzeled too, but I went to the Altadis website and read that Sutliff is a sub-brand. "In the true tradition of providing the market the best tobaccos available for over 160 years, several traditional old-style blends have been brought back to life by Altadis under the brand name of Sutliff Private Stock." -JP

Status
Not open for further replies.