PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhasman

Might Stick Around
Mar 17, 2013
Chicago, IL
I would like to offer the pipe for free. Wonder to give it to someone who knows to fix the stem or might reach some pipe restoration service to get it fixed. Also, priority for Hardcastle pipes collectors.
Hardcastle in Rhodesian shape with round shank. "Hardcastle Deluxe, Made in England" on the down side. Old Dunhill-Parker-Hardcastle production. Very nose proportions, great crisp sandblast. Bowl is in perfect condition, but stem has deep toothmarks, hole and tiny crack on the down side. Shank has no cracks, comes with metal ring on it. Ring has some patina, and seems yellow, but as I tried to polish it a little on one side, it easy became to be white and shiny - so, probably silver. I suppose that is not repair ring, but original Hardcastle's one - I see a lot of Hardcastle's with the same shape rings, even new. Might be damn good smoker.
I purchased the pipe on eBay when listing has poor photos. As pipe arrived I realized that there are issues with the stem, which I am not able to repair by myself, and do not want to spend money for repair service. So, I asked seller for returning, he decided to refund, but said that he does not need the pipe, and do not want me to return. I promised to give it to someone for free. So, here we are. Please see photos. If you like it then post "I'll take it" here and send me an e-mail to mhasman@gmail.com. Again, I hope to give it to someone who knows to repair. I do not care if you are going to sale it after, just wonder to give that good pipe another chance. I appreciate if you'll find possible to share some photos after repair.

mhasman

Might Stick Around
Mar 17, 2013
Chicago, IL
IMG_7192_zps9601cdbb.jpg

mhasman

Might Stick Around
Mar 17, 2013
Chicago, IL
daimyo reached me by e-mail first, I am going to ship the pipe to first. Sorry for all others if I responded by mistake

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Nice looking pipe. And more importantly a very generous offer. I hope your future purchases work out for you.

I've got three pipes that I put an eye tooth hole in also. You must be a clencher too, ha ha! I sent one of mine off to get repaired (before I learned to make stems), but I bit through the patch after a few weeks. Good luck with the repair, but I would suggest getting a new stem made. It would only be a tad bit more, and the new stem would last a whole lot longer.
My uncle would just leave the hole, saying that it gave the pipe more of a grasp on his tooth. He even would fall asleep on the porch with that thing hooked in real good... and still smoldering with smoke coming out of his mouth as he snored, ha ha!!

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Another thank you to mhasman for this most generous offer. Rhodesians and their variants are my favorite shape and I love the classic look of this one. At briarblues suggestion, it will be headed off to Walker Pipe Repair for any and all its needs but certainly for a new stem. I will be sure to post pictures when it makes its way back into my hands. Today had not been the best of days and mhasman turned it right around with his amazing generosity.

Status
Not open for further replies.