PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Sorry this isn't a give away, but rather the story of how I got a free pipe bag. I was at pipe club in Atlanta last month and the topic of my missing pipes and bag came up. One of the ladies, Joyce, was there. She runs the Tobacco Supermarket. http://www.tobaccomkt.com/x/home.php. She had gotten a pipe bag in stock that was missing it's zipper. She said I could have it if I wanted it and if I could fix the zipper. I thought it was worth a try so she shipped it to me. I took it to the local shoe repair shop today. The guy told me that he could do it for $5. It is a very nice Jobey Lamb skin bag as you can see so I jumped on that. He and I got into a conversation about pipes and tobacco and I told him about our club. Anyway he said to come back in a couple of hours, so I went and hung out at our local B&M, did some work on my tablet and smoked my pipe while I waited. When I went back to pick it up he told me it was on the house, he put a new zipper on it and it works great. I'm also thinking we may have a new piper at club next month. Here are some pics.

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Glad to see the karmic wheel is turning in your direction Shaintiques. I recall with pain your post on the theft of your pipes. That is a great looking bag. As it turns out, I think your misadventure points to the fact that most folks are pretty decent. Shame the odd douch bag has to spoil things

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Funny thing, Dave. Something terrible happens to a well liked member of this forum and, like Rocky wrote, that Karmic wheel starts spinning.
What goes around comes around.
You've committed more 1,000 points of light generosity around here than anybody else, pal. Why wouldn't good things happen to you now?
Cast your bread upon the waters....
Fnord

johnnyiii

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2013
hertford nc
GOD keeps hooking you up over your loss. Nice bag and people!!
BTW .. nice socks in the last pic. I have a pair just like em. :P

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
That is a nice gesture. Hopefully you have a new member at the pipe club as well.
Joyce seems like a funny gal. I've made multiple purchases from her on ebay and I sent her a question about winning multiple auctions. Her response "Buy them all." Always struck me as funny.

davidintexas

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2013
Great looking bag, Dave, and great looking pipes inside that bag. Glad it worked out for you in this way

Status
Not open for further replies.