Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I received what may be the only Fayyum Kake I'll ever get the opportunity to buy. It's a beautiful Kake Tobacco consisting of Black Cavendish, Kentucky, Latakia, Virginia. It's a very full flavored Balkan. I've attached Jims review because it's spot on.
Because it's really good and really rare, i'd like for other to get to try it. I'd love to cut up a tin and send a large sugar cube sized sample to the interested. I figure i should get ten good samples to send out (see photo). if you're interested, please post to this thread in numerical order and then send me your address. Read the review first to make sure it's in your wheelhouse.
Here is Jims review of Fayyum Kake.

"2014-08-06

My review for the Fayyum Mixture is virtually the same as it is for the Kake, as the same ingredients are used. The Kake is just a mite stronger. This is a rich, full bodied English, creamy and smooth from start to finish. The Cyprian latakia is smokey, woody sweet, and boldly takes the lead without turning this blend into a latakia-bomb. The black cavendish adds a mellow sweetness with no vanilla. The Kentucky is slightly spicy, and full of the flavors you expect as it plays back up with a hint of cocoa and nuts. The Virginia is naturally citrus sweet and earthy, setting the stage for the other ingredients. The cake itself is a little moist and breaks apart with ease. Not a harsh note to be found, it burns well and smoother than your average English. It does leave a slight moisture in the bottom at the finish if you don't dry it just a little, but it's not goopy or unpleasant. A perfect evening blend that even less experienced smokers in this genre will enjoy.
SAMPLE SIZE...

carver

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
Hey Nate, That's awesomely nice to share. Is it possible to have one sample too ? If you're Ok to send to China. Cheers.

codecreatively

Can't Leave
Sep 17, 2014
Way to play, Nate! Is the Kake similar to the regular Fayyum? I was thinking of adding some of the regular to my next order if the Kake isn't in stock.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
As with most Kakes, it's just a fuller, richer version of the non Kake version. I've heard nothing but good about the Fayyum, Kake and otherwise.
Carver, I'll try sending a sample to China. I'm always down to ship to where I've never shipped before. I mean I've shipped in the middle of a crowded grocery store. Certain i can ship to china ;)

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Seeing that old review made me rewrite it a little. This is a better version, especially as I didn't originally mention the slight fermentation note:
My review for the Fayyum Kake is virtually the same as it is for the regular version, as the same ingredients are used. The Kake is just a mite stronger and richer, and has very mild fermentation note that the regular Fayyum doesn’t have. This is a deeply rich, full bodied English, creamy and smooth from start to finish with a very consistent flavor. The Cyprian latakia is smokey, woody sweet, and boldly takes the lead without turning this blend into a latakia-bomb. The sugary black cavendish adds a mellow sweetness with no vanilla. The woody, dry Kentucky is slightly spicy, and plays back up with a hint of cocoa and nuts. The Virginia is naturally citrus sweet and earthy, setting the stage for the other ingredients. The cake itself is a little moist and breaks apart with ease. The nic-hit is medium. Won't bite. Not a harsh note to be found, it burns a little slow and smoother than your average English. It does leave a slight moisture in the bottom at the finish if you don't dry it just a little. Requires some relights. Has a pleasant after taste and stronger room note, both of which linger a little. Not an all day smoke, but if it hooks you, you'll repeat it.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
7 Samples Still Available.
I must say I'm stunned!! Who the F sleeps at 4am on a Saturday morning?!?! It's madness!!!

carver

Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
Carver, I'll try sending a sample to China. I'm always down to ship to where I've never shipped before. I mean I've shipped in the middle of a crowded grocery store. Certain i can ship to china ;)
Very nice of you man. :wink:

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
Nate your a star,I have looked on Hans site but it is never in stock.Now with the ban on inter Euro selling I would prefer not to try it as I may long for it after and cant get it.What the Hell is going on with these rules

Enjoy fellow pipers!!

randelli

Nov 21, 2015
Hey Nate, what a great gesture. I would like to try a little sample please.

orobusto

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2015
New York
Very nice of you. I would like to try a sample if you still have some. Thanks for not taxing my brain by asking for a poem!

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Nice offer. Would love to take your offer, but since I don't like latakia, I will leave this for others to enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.