PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

boudreaux

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2013
Discovered during a Father's Day chat with my younger son that the pipes I'd bought back in the 1970s were in a box at his apartment in NYC.
Yesterday, he brought them to me, and wow! I was pleasantly surprised to see what I'd forgotten about. Also interesting how pipe makes that I didn't remember buying back then are two of the same that I've been smoking now.
Peterson p-lip (Haven't located the style yet)

-Savinelli Punto d'Oro 604 KS

-Ascorti Radice Caminetto Business (2 rusticated)

-Gourd Calabash (nicely colored)

-(Rusticated?) large bowl billiard style meerschaum

-Preben Holm free style with stamping "Hand Cut" in script below his printed name and "Copenhagen Denmark" at bottom (2)

-Bent Apple or Pot style Golden Parker

-Canadian that needs a stem - Marked "Londoner" and "London England" (Not sure of maker)

-3 Cobs - 2 wit MM sticker on bottom, the third with a picture of a man in pale green. Does not look like an MM.

-Couple of other unknowns - billiards - One black one with a silver or nickel tarnished band, but can't see any printing on it, and the other one, a longer stummel with a chewed up stem (Don't know that I ever bought that one.)
Sorry, but I haven't been able to get my photos to display as I had the first time. Will try again later.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Congrats Boudreaux. That's a nice haul.
It's always fun to be reunited with old friends.
Have fun with gettin' 'em back into your rotation.
-- Pat

boudreaux

Apr 7, 2013
Okay, tried the Photobucket method, but was not getting anything that matched the instructions, so I created an album on here. Here are some photos:
allpipesfrom1970s-150x112.jpg

gourdcalabash-150x112.jpg

goldenparker-150x112.jpg

ascortiradice-1-150x112.jpg

ascortiradice-2-150x112.jpg

savinellipuntodoro-150x112.jpg

boudreaux

Apr 7, 2013
Thank you to all for your kind comments. I am looking forward to enjoying a first bowl in one of these old friends tomorrow, along with a Pimm's Cup! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.