PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Just passed the 1,500 mark for Forums posts. I feel like I'm due a social promotion

(translation, undeserved promotion) to the next step, senior member I think. Oh well,

I guess if they start modifying the standards for me, they will have to invent a new

category for member status for Roth with his eleven thousand plus posts. Perhaps he'd

have to be declared the Sun-God Member or something. Eleven thousand. Whew.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Funny you say that. Is there a metric out there of X amount of posts in Y time equates to a certain status?

kyriefurro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2013
It's not just the number of posts, it's also based on how long you've been a member.

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
Congrats, mso. I think you also need a certain amount of time + posts to qualify for senior member. I liked it when I was a junior member, took me back to my youth.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
If I remember correctly, "Senior Member" kicks in at 6 months from activation + a post count of... nope, that part's stuck in my head and is not coming out.
-- Pat

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
If you search "Member Status" on the forums, there are a couple threads with breakdowns. But it is a combo of posts and longevity. If you posted 20,000 in your first month, you'd still me a junior member.
At my current rate, I'll have enough posts to be a Senior Member, but won't be able to get the status until into the fall as I just joined this summer.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Sammy, you never seem to disappoint. Well done my friend :)
So I should be a senior member next month and a preferred in March, as long as I have another 70 something posts by then :)

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Sam'n yaz - you'll all still be just n00bies to me. lol
hp

les
PS - huh - when did I get to be a Preferred Member?? Just because I've met and puffed with Kevin? We even traded tobaccos.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Sam says
Perhaps it is time for you to pick an avatar, good sir!

That goes for you too, "Prez". How about a picture of the famous tenor sax man? :lol:

A pork pie hat might be even better for the subtle trademark reference.

31Nq%2BYD-ECL._SX160_.jpg

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I think unanimous vote by the Sinister Six could waive those guidelines, but perhaps I've said too much.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
mso, congrats on passing 1500. I always look forward to reading your posts and you have in your short time here become a valuable member to this thing of ours.
There will be a private ceremony where blood is spilled and vows taken. The code of Omerta will be strictly enforced of course with the penalty of death if ever broken,

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Thanks for the encouragement, guys, and for the clarifying information, samcoffeeman. And, my bad,

roth is above 12K on posts! Imagine that. The pipemeister. (However, Kevin's the landlord.)

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I don't post as often as I used to, way too busy, but I am pleased to have achieved what is known as Preferred Platinum status, denoted by the granting of the ability to capitalize my screen name. :wink:

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
12k posts ... at 20 seconds reading the thread and formulating a reply on average, that's like 4,000 minutes - or 66 hours. Crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.