PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
As a new member here I took the recommendation and read through the forum rules. I liked them so much I messaged the original poster (Kevin) regarding my thoughts. He kindly replied and suggested I share them publicly. Here there are.
Kevin, Jeremy here. I just wanted to say as a new user here at pipesmagazine.com, I have read through your forum rules (yes start to finish every word) and loved them. Your comments about hookah and e-cigarettes in particular made me laugh out loud.
The forums here are full of great info and even better people. I have only just begun but it is a joy and I only wish I had come across the site sooner. I'm currently deployed with the US Air Force so getting some photos online, in particular my avatar photo, are a bit tougher to do and I am short on time with a personal computer. The good news is that I can access the forums from a work computer in whatever spare time I have. I have a day off tomorrow for the first time in 10 days so I will get something uploaded. I'll just keep it simple and say I am enjoying. Thanks for your moderation of the site and please extend my gratitude to the rest of those good souls who seek to create a positive online experience to share a hobby and passion we all hold so dear. Happy Thanksgiving, Jeremy Baum, TSgt USAF

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Welcome aboard pipebaum81
It's good to see someone took the time to get familiar with the rules before jumping in and posting.
Congratulations!
I look forward to reading your posts.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Jeremy:
So good to have you here. Welcome, pal.
I wish I'd read the forum rules when I first started. I had to be called down by the mods on several occasions before I finally gave them a read and life did become easier after I got my mind right.
If you're new to pipe smoking there's so much to be learned and the main strength of this site is that there's no such thing as a dumb-ass/FNG question. The kindness of this forum is almost palpable. Want to know the best way to clean an old burner? Just post and get ready for 10 different opinions. Want to to try a new blend? Just shoot a PM and offer something in return.
My wife of 25 years tells me that pipers are worse than dopers. We like to share share. We embrace sharing. Over the years I've asked for several dozen samples and have yet to be turned down. And now, several years after joining, I'm being asked for samples and it makes me happy to oblige.
Grab a root and growl, Jeremy.
Fnord

yaboofive

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 28, 2010
Welcome to the forum TSgt, I am sure that you will find this a lively group.

meatballj

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 14, 2014
New Brunswick, Canada
Welcome pipebaum81, and thanks for the suggestion. I went to read the rules thinking, "Yeah, I probably should check those out; been skulking around here for little over a year now, 'bout time I guess." Got two thirds of the way through when I realized I had already read them before…twice at that. Guess I'm getting old.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Welcome, pipebaum81! We're all glad that you decided to participate in the conversations here.

... And thank you for your service! :clap:

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Welcome to the forum. It's always an honor to have service people among us. If there's anything you need you just have to ask as the folks here are the most giving individuals I have ever met.

Stay safe and thank you for your service to our country.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Well said TSgt Jeremy. Stay safe where ever you are and I'll look forward to your posts.
This is a good reminder to that above all, pipe smokers are gentleman and we all need to strive to participate in such a manner. And, generally, we do!

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
Welcome to the forum.

I wish we could upload pictures from our PC'S here at PM, SURE WOULD BE NICE :puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hey, welcome pipebaum. A number of service people and veterans on Forums. (I'm an old fleet sailor from

ancient days.) It sounds like the USAF is getting its hours out of you! Whew. I too think the Forums rules are

good ones. Standard English works, so I'm glad when people give it a chance. Likewise, capitalization is our

friend and serves a purpose. Treating others with dignity and respect is always a big plus in life. 'Hope you

find Forums as interesting and informative as I do. There's tremendous knowledge and knowhow, and a lot

of interesting people from many and various backgrounds and professions. A good depth of life experiences.

I try to stick to the pipe theme, mostly, but join in on other topics that hopefully don't rankle. Forums has worked

rather well for a long time, with an occasional flap, but mostly just good exchanges.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Hey, metalheadycigarguy, in the last week or so there was some namecalling and character attacks in a now closed thread. In a group this large there will always be a few with their own agendas who can't tolerate opinions other than their own. Their festering frustration vents occasionally as they lose control of their grudges. Am sure our new military member is mature enough to understand that. In general, you are correct--respect, courtesy, and common sense are usually enough.
In the words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along." :mrgreen:

Seriously though we are suppose to be sophisticated pipe smokers; there's no room for name calling and character attacks. There's a reason why they are called opinions and not facts. Its pretty sad when we can't have a civil conversation about simple topics or even about the most heated topics.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Welcome Jeremy
Great to have you hear and I am looking forward to reading your posts.
As said, this is just the best place to find out all the information you would ever want to know about pipe tobacco, pipe maintenance and general pipe information.
Be safe and all the best

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Welcome aboard, Sir!
Now I'm looking for that closed thread. Isn't there a forum rule about providing links with tantalizing comments? ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.