PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
2014 and 2015 really sucked for me. Without getting bogged down in details, I was happy when December rolled around. Out of the blue, I got a PM from Derfargin asking if I would be interested in some samples of tobacco he had "lying around." I hesitated, but quickly said yes, as I knew then it could mean the difference between having smoke and NOT having smoke. A few short weeks later, after researching online purchasing options through this site's sponsors and posts, I settled on a 10oz. English blend sampler from P&C.

The London Fog sampler arrived Friday afternoon and upon opening the box, the house was filled with soothing aromas of strong, promising blends. I sampled all of them and was very satisfied by the evening I would have some great smoking in the near future. Saturday afternoon I get the mail and find a big envelope addressed to me from Derfargin. I was grinning from the mailbox all the way to my desk, and even as I opened it, tendrils of goodness reached my nose making me sneeze. In 24 hours I went from having a small amount of American Spirit Black label to no less than 13 different pipe tobaccos at my disposal. The Sampler will last me a month at least and that comes out to about a dollar a day for excellent tobacco. Derfargin's gift will last about as long on its own, and I can actually see some possible cellaring taking place. I need more canning jars.

I've smoked tobacco pipes on and off for about 30 years now, but only seriously into the craft for 5 months. I've been a member here for about 4 months. Through reading, studying and taking member accounts into consideration, as well as availing myself of the online resources and sponsors, I've been able to decrease the cost of my smoking while considerably improving the QUALITY of said tobacco. The generosity of Forum members such as Mr. Derfargin is the icing on the cake. THANKS TO ALL and especially Marc !! You guys and gals rock !!
London Fog Sampler:
Newminster Ultimate English

Dunhill Early Morning

Hearth and Home Ambassador's Blend

McClelland 2040 Cyprian Mixture

Peter Stokkebye Proper English
Derfargin Sampler:
Sir Walter Raleigh

MacBaren Old Dark Fired Ready Rubbed

Wholeleaf.com Dark Fired Kentucky

Captain Earle's Stimulus Package

Cornell & Diehl's Stratfordshire

Cornell & Diehl's Habana Daydream

Cornell & Diehl's Bayou Night

P&C Match Sugar Barrel
I recommend ALL of these blends as they are very satisfying in nicotine and flavor. I have my next few purchases planned and wish everyone happy piping. Thanks again, everyone, for posting your opinions and resources on this site. 2016 is off to a good start. (knock on wood)

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
Thanks for the kind words gents. I'm happy to share, I've been on the receiving end of many acts of kindness due many people I've met here.
Enjoy gents. Hope everyone's 2016 is full of promise.
We've got lots of blends to smoke this year, so lets get to it. :puffy:

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Once Oldreddog sent me Mac Baren Plum cake that he wasn't smoking anymore with some sample of Peterson Perfect Plug. And he was generous enough to pay for international shipping (I told him that I was ready to pay but he refused). And after that I received 5 unopened tins from Shaintiques. I have never seen such a great generosity in any of the forums/clubs/societies/etc. Whenever I tell my friends or family members about those experiences they get very surprised. Noone seems to understand the reason of that tobacco sharing process :)

Status
Not open for further replies.