PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
So look at this old guy, no worry in the world. Shot a fox, although you can't eat that - or I guess you could push come to shove. Oh wait, the fox is stealing his lunch is not shot. Since all good things start with a break, he got himself drunk as a skunk, and fell asleep while smoking his pipe. This pic is monumental :lol:
669aaaac-ab45-41e4-b982-721a841509e2.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Thats funny! We've had as small red fox lurking around our urban neighborhood, most folks have cameras these days, so he's been captured all over the area.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Cosmic pic may not be as clear, don't know why, but the original I have on my phone has more color contrast. The dude is smoking a cob, which is hanging from his left corner of his mouth.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Great picture! Sorry, I don't see a pipe...looks like his left collar of his jacket.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Many farmers hate foxes, vampires I've heard them called. Foxes have the canine brain honed to exquisite sharpness. They've moved into suburbia with ease and remain almost invisible. They are a perfect size, don't require big game, and like most canines are omnivorous. Because of their agility around people, they may become the predominant canine species, a little like "domesticated" cats, which also use the human species effectively. Cats manage to be wild and house guests (homeowners?) at the same time. When I have adopted cats, they always survey my real estate, and once satisfied look immediately at home.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
I was pheasant hunting this past Saturday, we shot five foxes ... the weather is very hot for this period, we actually have a drought around here. It is the first time in over 10 years of hunting that I have seen pheasants share the same shrub lines with foxes - both species being interested in water more than eating / running away from each other. Usually whenever we found a fox in a shrub of thorn bush line, there were no birds there ..

Status
Not open for further replies.