PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
In 2011 there was a contest at the Chicagoland Pipe show to recreate the legendary Balkan Sobranie 759. The winner of this contest was a certain blend by Russ Ouellette called Black House. From its initial fame as a contest winner to a life of its own as the powerhouse of the Hearth and Home Marquis Series of tobaccos, Black House has found its way into the pipes and hearts of Balkan Lovers everywhere.
One of these Balkan loves was me, Baron Samedi. It was the second Balkan I ever tried and it hit me right where I live, prompting my second-ever tobacco review, entitled “I Bleed Black”, the title stolen from a song by Doom Metal band Saint Vitus.
The review also seemed to take on a life of its own, prompting emails and private messages from men and women all over the Pipes Magazine forums, including a couple from Russ O, himself! Eventually, the review became a link in my signature line and questions from new smokers in search of the Balkan experience were answered with not much more than an arrow pointing toward the sig.
Now the world of the Balkan has its own cult who crave Russ O’s dark masterpiece, The Blackbloods! Their mission is to spend their lives sharing the gospel of the true taste of Balkan goodness, the blend in the black tin with its leathery overtones and herbal sweetness. To hear and take heed to the words in the review of Baron Samedi and to enjoy the Black House until their veins run black as Latakia!
Long live the Black!

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
It was tjameson who coined "Blackblood". It sort of got me going and I banged this out, partially because of that and partially because people are always asking "What's with you and Black House?" It's all in good fun and yes, even though I like lots of other tobaccos, including other Balkans BH is my favorite!

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Haha awesome! I finally added a signature last night :puffy: Ill post up the email I sent to Russ although he has yet to respond haha

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Asked for a sample with an order from P&C.They sent it,I smoked it,jarred up a pound of it bulk yesterday.HHMMMMmmmm can I play to?
Proud Member of the BlackBlood Society........... 8O

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Weezell.... Please do and add it to your signature!!!
I hereby relinquish all copyright entitlements to the term BlackBlood Society!! :lol:
Let's see how many members we can get to add it to their signatures!!

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
You guys are killing me with all the Black House talk. Just did a TAD order for two tins and I've never tried it before!
I'm expecting nirvana in 10-15 shipping days.
(Also added on some Balkan Sasieni, Plum Pudding, and H+H Berry Nice. Trying to expand my horizons... :puffy: )

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
What is this Black House of which you speak? It doesn't sound like anything I'd like.
-Jason

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Welcome to the Dark Side!

Legacy012.jpg

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
This is the email I sent Russ last night. :puffy:

Russ,

I don't know if you remember my questions and praise of Larry's Blend, but as I'm sure you know your Black House blend has quite a fanatical following in a very good way. Some of us on the pipesmagazine.com forum that are devoted lovers of this blend have even started referring to ourselves as Blackbloods. Just thought you should know how absolutely stellar this blend is to many a pipe smoker. Have a great day and happy smoking!

-Tucker Jameson

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I guess since I just ordered it last night, it's too early to check the mailbox.
A lot of moments in life remind me of old Simpsons episodes, this is reminding me of the Stonecutters...

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
Okay, so now one of you fine gentlemen need to start up a group so this can be all official like. Is there some kind of fee involved with joining this group, or maybe some sort or hazing ritual involved?

Just opened a new tin of this awesome stuff. Next up to order at least a pound before it all sells out. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.