PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2012
I had a Ben Wade for 40 years. Never liked it much, finally sold it to smokingpipes for a lot more than I paid. I just needed a new pipe, was determined to get one that day, and in pre-internet times it was the best I could do.

estumpf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2013
There are two Ben Wade pipes. One made in England which would be post 1962. They are considered of lesser quality than those made in Leeds, England. Those marked (the other one) made in Denmark are considered of better quality; however, the one for sale from Denmark looks to be in poor condition.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I bought a Ben Wade rusticated panel billiard on an impulse at my local Tinder Box and smoked it for about

two years, and finally traded it for a different pipe. It just didn't have the smoking characteristics I like,

the draw a little too open, and the finish a little too varnished looking. It was well made and pretty good

looking, just didn't have the magic, I guess.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I've got a ben wade Danish pride freehand, I love it, got it for 18$. It's a very nice pipe, I really like the way it looks. It's pretty much this one but the top is a bit different.

BW-DN-1.jpg

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I purchased this beautiful Ben Wade freehand in the 1980's. Preben Holm's shop made these pipes for Ben Wade, and this one is much better looking in person than in this photo.

I don't dislike smoking it, but it is so huge and heavy that I dont smoke it often at all. Maybe 50 times in the 30 years that I have had it. I have a freehand Nording and a freehand Bjarne from that era that are more comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.