Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Do you mean a club?
There's nothing around Jacksonville that I am aware of.
There is one in Boca Raton.
There was one in Tampa that disbanded. I have been trying to get the former president to start another one with my help, but haven't gotten anywhere yet.

surfmac211

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Yes I meant a pipe club. I looked around Jacksonville and there is nothing. I was more or less hoping someone anywhere in Florida did a pipe show or something close to it. I gave it some thought and was going to ask a few friends of mine and maybe start something up here. I know of about 25 or so pipe smokers I'm sure that would be down I just havnt organized anything like this before. If I do try to set one up you have any advice or other clubs to model it after?

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Go for it Surf!

Talk to all of your pipe smoking friends and start a club. Then you can start working out the details of it later. Just find a place where all of you can get together for a smoke and hang out and start discussing it.
We need more pipe clubs!

smooth

Might Stick Around
Jan 10, 2012
The best way to start a club/group is to appeal to the prospective member's needs or wants.
"As a group, our collective knowledge will help you...."

"As a group, our collective dollars will help us buy cheaper at..." etc

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
I am the founder of Jacksonville Smokers and Tokers. We are just getting started what part of Florida are you in. I have a local tobacco shop that has agreed to let us meet there I don't have a websight but I do have the club posted on the forums. There is just me so far but I have big plans for the group. All ages, race, and smokers invited. You can email me at jasoncochran78@gmail.com or hit me up on our forum site.

Status
Not open for further replies.