PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2011
I found these two pipes in a flea market for $20. I've done some research but haven't come up with anything that helps to determination their origins. If anyone has any information regarding these pipes I'd greatly appreciate it.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
I have no idea what they are, but they do look in relatively good condition and shouldn't be too hard to restore.
Good find, Mirain!

unclefester13

Lurker
Aug 9, 2013
I am not positive but I think the first pipe is a Karl Erik as the II mark was put on his pipes when there was not enough space, and I think I have one somewhere in my growing vast collection, lol. That was a bargain at ten bucks a pipe.

guhrillastile

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2013
I agree on the K. Erik reference to the first one. He had notoriously bad stamping practices but that was one of his marks at one time.
Could be replacement stems but don't look like PH. Not familiar with enough of the earlier nordings to comment with anything beyond guessing.
Both great scores and should indeed clean up quick. Great scores

mirain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2011
Thanks for your insights. I am sure the stem on the Danish pipe is a replacement. It doesn't fit well but think it will work well with the freehand design after restoration. The other seems in keeping with the motif of the shank detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.