Five Brothers Tobacco (Lots of Nicotine but Nothing Else)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzlover

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2013
I just smoked a small bowl of Five Brothers. It has reputation for high nicotine content so I used the smallest pipe I had; a Missouri Meerschaum Eaton. It's chamber is no thicker than my thumb and the bowl is only an inch and a half high. This tobacco packs a wallop of nicotine but not much else. After smoking a full bowl in this tiny pipe I was feeling light headed and dizzy within minutes and I had a mild case of the nicotine burps. The flavor, however, was disappointing. The truth is I couldn't discern any flavor at all. Apparently this is what natural tobacco tastes like.
Five Brothers is strictly for nicotine junkies or perhaps for mixing with another tobacco with low nicotine content.

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
I hear lots of people use it for mixing, try adding an Aro you like to it. Don't be to disappoints if you don't like it I'm assuming you spent no more than 5 dollars on it :p

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
At least a a few of us on Forums are big fans of Five Brothers. It's a great short smoke by itself, and mixes

with other tobacco to add a little zip. I have a theory that about half of pipe smokers just don't taste burley,

and the rest of us taste it as a mild, nutty toasty flavor. That's how it is for me. But for a free sample, you

found out it's not your thing.

oklansas

Can't Leave
Apr 16, 2013
DC
I've got this coming as a free sample too. Looking forward to trying it solo and mixed with an areo.

Mar 1, 2014
I did a bowl of Five Brothers today, while definitely a strong flavour, it was a little disappointing. After all the hype I barely felt a thing. Immediately after I had a second bowl mixed evenly with MacBaron Scottish and still didn't feel anything.

I can drink an entire pot of coffee before bed without it affecting my sleep too much (other than trips to the bathroom), so I'm pretty sure it's just a slow metabolism combined with large body mass, but it does make some things a little less fun.
I have some Brown Bogie rope on the way, hopefully that will do a better job.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Five Brothers is a pleasant change-up to me. Not a daily smoke, but an interesting variation. For some reason,

burley registers with me. One plus -- it doesn't dry out ... it just comes really dry!

Status
Not open for further replies.