PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2011
I had made a comment about wanting to try some Five Brothers here not too long ago, and forum member Weezell sent me a message and was nice enough to send me a pouch. Just smoked some last night and it is some tasty stuff! Pure burley, very earthy, almost tastes like a good cigar. Very very dry out of the pouch, dry and strong, so I just load up and take it to the match. The cut almost reminds me of cigarette tobacco, but it is about the easiest burning tobacco I have ever smoked. The further down in the bowl you get the better it tastes, taking on a sort of caramel, smokey kind of hickory flavor, a little bitter but that good kind of coffee bitter. You've probably heard about the nicotine hit, and man does this stuff pack a whallop. This stuff will put hair on the hair on your chest. Packing this blend was kind of interesting due to how dry it is and how quick it burns. I actually packed much more firmly and used much more tobacco than I usually do because it burns so quickly. If you guys are a fan of Burley smokes and need a good, honest, no frills type of blend and want to get knocked on your ass with nicotine, Five Brothers is a must have. Definitely not an every day smoke, but great on a stressful day or for a special occasion.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Not the best of smokes but I put it in a cob and smoke outside doing a project. A good smoke when you're

not really paying attention. I like the shag cut... easy to load and stays lit. Comes in a pouch which is

easy to pocket.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
It's a tad harsh for me. Bit me so hard I couldn't taste any of the flavors you're describing, but you're a fairly credible guy so I'll take your word for it Haha.
Packing it is remeniscent of stuff a tiny red-headed women into your pipe feet first. Just reminds me of hair. Lots and lots of hair.
Glad you liked it, I can't stand it unfortunately.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Indeed mate, it is some strong stuff. It is a good baccy to relax with when you just want a strong, no hassel puff. I find you can make a bowl last a bit longer if you pack it SUPER tight.

Jul 15, 2011
It's a tad harsh for me. Bit me so hard I couldn't taste any of the flavors you're describing, but you're a fairly credible guy so I'll take your word for it Haha.
I have really good luck with Burley, but I know that some people just can't smoke it due to chemistry issues. I get a little bit of sting if I push it too hard so I do have to be careful, but for the most part this stuff is really tasty.

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
5 Brothers is good stuff, sometimes I like to layer it in with some PA or 1Q to give it some added kick.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Five Brothers has quite a rep. I'm holding my free sample until the right moment. I had a good bad experience

with Nightcap, smoking it in a big pipe right out of the tin and experiencing a pretty good nicotine hit. Over

several weeks, it mellowed a little and developed a lot, and I finished the tin sooner than I expected. I doubt

Five Brothers will be quite that complex, but I'll take it slow, maybe starting with a small bowl and going from

there. Right now I'm into this unblended Virginia. The Five Brothers outfit also sent a coupon for Captain Black,

not highly recommended by all Forum members. I can usually work in the OTC's as a change of pace without

having to compost them. Point taken; I'll pack the Five Brothers standard, not loose or packed tight.

rhogg

Can't Leave
Jun 14, 2011
I like 5 Brothers. It screams, "I am tobacco.... inhale me." If I hold up my hand, and can see through it I know I have had enough.
Also when I smoke this blend my chest hair turns into constantino wire.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
I've done the same as jwp159. I received this as a free sample in the mail. I blend Five Bro's in with Lane's 1-Q for a added 'N' kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.