PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
This isn't exactly going to be a review, but passing on some good info for the more experienced smokers

that may be interested. I smoke 8 to 12 bowls a day or more, in other words, all day. The smokers that enjoy

one or two may not be interested at all, as Five Brothers isn't all that "attention grabbing". It's just a plane

air cured Burley cut in a shag style. I got five 1.25oz pouches (haven't bought pouches in years) from 4noggings

for $3.49 American a pouch. It's kinda boring but likable to me for a smoke while I'm busy and not paying all

that much attention. Pack a brier or cob and just puff away while your hands are busy.... A nice strong

smoke for the busy times.... (Made in Denmark).
IMG_1822-2.jpg

havanarick

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
Texas
anyone wanting to let some five brothers go please let me know! I really am wanting to try this so called strong tobacco that everyone talks about..... :worship:

reichenbach

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
Trying mixing it with PA if you want to mellow it. I can't help myself with inhaling it though. Just a warning to those with that sort of inclination.

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
I too enjoy it, great all day smoke for those of us that like a strong Tobacco with a good N kick :puffy:

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Ha! That's funny reichenbach.... my oldest son is a cigarette smoker. He rolled some in zig-zag paper

this morning... Said it was great.

reichenbach

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
It looks like cig shag in the pouch. but I feel closer to the Great Detective when I smoke it. Also, to cross threads here, someone on the Pipe Smokers of Hollywood thread asked how Holmes was able to to smoke 3 bowls in 50 min. If his black shag was like 5 Brothers, it wold have easy and he would have been smoking very slow.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Well, it may help that Holmes was a fictional character... He can smoke as fast as the writer

would allow. HaHaa!
But if he had Five Brother to help, maybe it went quicker.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Might give some insight on how Sir Arthur smoked his own pipes, I'll wager. I would have to pass on the strong nicotine myself.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I tried to smoke it alone and can't take the bite it gives me.
I will layer it into some blends to give it a kick midway, bottom, top of the bowl lol. It's strange how it affects the various blends. My fav so far is with Larry's blend.

May 8, 2012
Yeah, this stuff is a wild ride. Rather monochromatic, but as others stated, it's great for providing oomph to a weaker blend. The only issue I have had there is with its razor thin shag cut, it is difficult to mix appropriately with anything else. It's like mixing a tumbleweed into mud.

Status
Not open for further replies.