PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
So me and the little man went camping this weekend (Holy smokes was it cold at night!) just the two of us. As usual I packed my travel case of pipes and a nice assortment of baccy in case the mood struck. I mean I grabbed some pretty decent stuff, Capstan Blue, three nuns, FMC, and my usual camping fare of Carter Hall and Amphora Red as well and a Cob as I was planning on doing some fishing. Funny thing is I ended up smoking CH I'm the Cob all weekend and it was perfect! I guess the combination of Cob and CH is just about perfect for a cold fall weekend up north, guess I'll save the fancy briars for when I get home later today.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Sounds like a fun weekend, hat tip to the two of you for braving the cold. Manly!

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Man, now I want to go camping! Sounds like an awesome time! Oh, and the great outdoors and Carter Hall smoked out of an MM cob seems like a perfect combination to me! Glad y'all had a good time!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Reminds me of heading into the mountains in November, not quite equipped for the overnight

temperatures. Woke up to snow capped peaks. Dancing with pneumonia, but we did fine.

blackbeard82

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2013
Hum, Its great when you camp for pleasure lol. But when you have too it sucks! :?
One thing is I wish it would hurry and cool down here. ( Florida )

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
How old is your son? I have a seven year old. We did a camping trip a month or two ago. We are planning some thing for October and a tent cabin trip around thanks giving week. Did you guys catch any fish?

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
My boy is 4, we have a camper so it's a glorified tent, but he loves it up there. Not a bite with the fish unfortunately, but the pipe made it worthwhile so not too worried at all.

cavendish36

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 26, 2013
I go camping with my wife and kids several times each year, and you can bet the pipe comes along! There really is nothing like sitting around a campfire enjoying the stars and a good bowl of FMC or Larson's Signature!

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Sounds like a good weekend Brian. Glad you guys were able to get up and away on the weekend. 4 degrees is a might on the chilly side though. Did you cave and fire up the propane heater?
On a completely unrelated note, I am really enjoying that FMCellar you gifted me. I smoked a bowl in my new meer and really enjoyed it.
-- Pat

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Glad you're liking the FMC Pat, and yes I caved, sort of. With a 4 year old who had a bit of a cold I couldn't let him freeze, that and I was cold as hell myself! Unfortunately we have an electrical problem in the trailer and the propane furnace and lights aren't working right now so we had to make do with a small space heater in the pitch black. We had mountains of blankets and sleeping bags so we managed. Good thing the 110volt systems were still working or we would have been REAL cold.

recoilrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2011
Martha's Vineyard & The Adirondacks....many years ago. Hair is still there but very gray...

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
The title says it all - heaven. Glad you had a great time despite the cold. (We're still in the high 60's, low 70's here.)

Status
Not open for further replies.