PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Caught a nasty virus 9 days ago and couldn't enjoy my new Pete. :crying:
Finally smoked it for the first time today - and got to say, what a great smoke. This pipe performed perfectly.
pete-spigot1-600x437.jpg

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks bubblehead - much appreciated. Nice to be back in the saddle again and very pleased with this pipe.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks a lot Bradley- the pipe really met (even exceeded) my expectations. Only one relight and never got hot. The draw was perfect - drilling spot on.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That is some pipe, metal on both the shank and stem, but done with a lot of dash. I'm glad it smokes

as good as it looks. Glad you beat down the terrible bug. You kept looking at that pipe and it stimulated

your immune system. My Petersons are some of my old favorites for sure.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
Glad you're feeling well six. These viruses can really knock you on your ass. That's a sweet pipe, what was your first smoke to start the new rotation?

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
Glad you are feeling better six, very classy Pete as well. I know how bad it sucks to feel so sick you can't smoke. Enjoy!

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks guys - much appreciated. This is my 4th Pete (I have a 5th on the way). For all of their Q/C issues, I have to say that I am still partial to Petersons.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
Glad you're better, and could enjoy that great looking pipe! I do love Petersons, and the spigots are really classy.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
@gnatjulio
That's a sweet pipe, what was your first smoke to start the new rotation?
You betcha!
I do love Petersons, and the spigots are really classy.
Thanks 4dot - I have to agree. I really like Peterson's silver band work and I keep getting drawn back to them.

Aug 1, 2012
Glad you're feeling better and got to enjoy that beautiful Pete. That one should smoke well for you for many years. I've got a rusticated silver spigot and it's ugly as sin but smokes aros like a dream.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I had a similar nasty virus. I was reduced to smoking cigs for over a week. Enjoying a pipe after that made me remember how nasty cigs taste compared to pipes.

Jul 15, 2011
Sweet Mother of Pearl, that pipe is gorgeous! I thought I was going to snag a Stanwell or a Mario Grandi for my next PAD purchase, but this just immediately moved to the top of the list. Wow! How much did you pay for that and where did you get it if you dont mind me asking?

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Pipe Novelist:
Sweet Mother of Pearl, that pipe is gorgeous! Wow! How much did you pay for that and where did you get it if you dont mind me asking?
Thanks Pipe Novelist - much appreciated. I lucked out, this pipe is a 1981 Pete, got it off ebay for $109. And the pipe is in practically brand new condition. I got to say, I love this pipe, not only for it's looks, but it is a superb smoker. But it appears they don't make this model anymore, however I did find something slightly similar (this one is green) at Al Pascia for about $200USD:
http://www.alpascia.com/detail.asp?detail=23537
Right now I am on a Peterson Spigot kick and just snagged this one as well:
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/this-arrives-today?replies=1#post-415936
As you probably know, one benefit of the spigot is that you can remove the stem while hot, to me that's a nice little plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.