PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I'm pretty easy going as a pipe smoker and I usually like everything I try, from a bowl of PA to my favorite Russ Ouellette and GL Pease blends. Until now, that is. I just tried Red Cap tobacco and I can honestly say I seriously dislike this stuff. To me it tasted like biting into a rotten pecan and I could only finish half a bowl before throwing it out. I felt like I should bury it out in the yard somewhere!

martiniman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 6, 2012
Baron, that description of the rotten pecan paints a very distinctive and awful picture.... 8O

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Tambalaka (I think that's how they spell it) was the same way for me...one puff and holy sh!t, dump that crap out in to the manure pile to make it smell better.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
TAMBOLAKA

Indonesian farmers toil in their islands' rich limestone soils to grow their flavorful tobacco leaves. After harvesting and air drying the leaves the unique aging process begins. The villagers roll the leaves of pure tobacco which they then bind using hand made cord to protect from the outside air. They then put these bundles inside their primitive huts and store them for 5 years as the tobacco becomes richer by the day. A spectacular blend of Cigar leaf and Burley.

Status
Not open for further replies.