PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
Received my first order from one of our site sponsors, 4noggins today. After hearing so many good things about Rich and his business I decided it was finally time I made a purchase and I am glad I did!
Here it is:

photo-448x600.jpg

All these topics about the wonders of smoking in the Fall weather got me excited. As well as hearing such great things about Trout Stream for a while now, I purchased 4oz as well as my first real MM cob, a straight Diplomat (I've only had MM hardwoods up until now)! And to make things even better, 4noggins added a small sample of Nutty Professor!
Excited to smoke Trout Stream in my new cob in the cool, North Carolina Fall morning. 4noggins will definitely see more of my business in the future. Top notch!

av8scuba

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2013
Mid-Missouri
I keep reading about people getting free samples in their orders. Do you have to ask for them, or are they just included by the shipper? I've ordered tons of tobacco from most of the site sponsors and have never had any freebies thrown in. Just curious.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I wanted to order from them, but their prices were nearly twice as high as P&C's on PS Bulk Blends (my entire order was PS Bulk Blends).

homeatsea

Mar 6, 2013
av8scuba,
I did not ask, and this was the first site sponsor I've ordered from to do this. I have heard, however, that many of our sponsors are happy to add a small sample to an order by request.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
I wanted to order from them, but their prices were nearly twice as high as P&C's on PS Bulk Blends (my entire order was PS Bulk Blends).
Just a note of reference dependent upon how much you are ordering 4Noggins is very competitive if not cheaper on some PS Bulks

For instance English Oriental

P&C 8 oz = $17.14

4nog 8 oz = $16.99

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I was ordering 2oz of each, 4Noggins was $8 for 2 ounces and P&C was $5. It matters when I order several samples. Well so it's 60% more, not quite double but still, that's quite a gap! I did see how it's a lot closer when you order more, the 24 ounce number is only off by 13% in favor of P&C.

Jan 8, 2013
I placed a small order with 4noggins a couple weeks back. Nothing big, just some pipe cleaners, a shank brush, and some softy bits. I've heard about asking for a sample, but I wasn't about to do that with such a small order. I will order from them in the future and may ask for a sample, when I spend a bit more money than I did on my last order with them. The shipping, by the way, was insanely fast. I placed my order, blinked, yawned, stretched, and the order arrived. :)

txbeerboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
I have gotten two orders from 4 noggins in the past two weeks. Both orders had a sample in the box. I requested one of the samples. 4 noggins went out of their way to do some other things to make sure the order was perfect over the phone. I don't shop by prices. I have been ordering from 4 noggins because they don't mind being pestered and they have the blends in stock.

inteus

Might Stick Around
Sep 8, 2013
SF Bay Area, CA
I received my first order from 4noggins today, and must say, I couldn't be happier. Fast shipping, and exactly what I ordered. This was also my first TAD! :wink:

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
I've moved most of my baccy orders over there, with the exception of a coupe things they don't have.
My last order included a Czech pipe tool, but I received a brebbia pipe nail. He corrected it by sending me 3 Czech pipe tools as soon as I mentioned it!

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
I just placed an order with 4noggins for a pound of Bald Headed Teacher, and half a pound of McClelland 5110 Dark English Full. I asked in the "Customer Comments" box for a very small sample of Britt's Balkan.
I should receive the order by the end of this week (4noggins ships the same day most times).
We shall see...

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I placed my first order with 4noggins a little over a week ago. I paid via PayPal and they shipped my order before my PayPal payment cleared. I was very surprised by that. Great customer service and fast shipping.
I love Trout Stream and just found out the other day they sell it, and I also saw the other day that SmokingPipes.com is now selling SPC Mississippi River and SPC Plum Pudding. These 3 tobacco's I thought I could only get through Pipes and Cigars which won't ship to WA state. Looks like that issue is resolved as I prefer SmokingPipes and I'll definitely be ordering from 4noggins again.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I have ordered at least a half dozen times from them in the last 6 months. Once I started ordering and noticed the samples I asked if they could put something "Non Aro" as a sample in the notes as Roth suggests above. Rich sent some Britt's Balkan and Chimpan Hill. I loved these samples so much I ordered 4 oz of each on my next order. 4 noggins has been my go to place since the Spring.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I use Rich on a regular basis for tobacco and he always throws in a couple of pounds of stuff to sample, don't know why you guys are only getting little bags. I would call him up and ask him where your free pounds are.
Rich, I hope I am not speaking out of turn. lol
Seriously he does send a small sample of his own blends which is pretty cool. I always get first class service on every order.

homeatsea

Mar 6, 2013
I'm loving Trout Stream. Wish I would have purchased it earlier. It's a nice change of pace from my usual virginias and it smokes phenomenally well in a cob (and especially well for an aromatic).
I gave the Nutty Professor a try last night in a hardwood and it was quite an interesting smoke. I despised the top 1/3 of the bowl, almost didn't continue on. But then the bottom 2/3 I got a flavor that I had never experienced in tobaccos before and I quite enjoyed it. I must assume that something was just funky about the top 1/3 of the bowl (It was only 1 bowl, after all. And we all know you can't always properly judge a tobacco by just one bowl) and I will certainly be smoking the rest of the sample.
Anybody else have experience with Nutty Professor and care to give their thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.