PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
I have my first meer! I have read lots on how to smoke it and care for it but still have a question. Should I dedicate this pipe to one tobacco or can I just smoke it all willy nilly with whatever baccy I crave? So far all I have smoked with the Meer is Bulls Eye Flake and its awesome for that!

Jul 12, 2011
Nice thing with Meers is you don't really have to dedicate a bacci with it (IMO) just wipe bowl clean after smoke (I just wet a bent pipe cleaner and twist it around in my IMP and I'm good to go) :puffy:
Enjoy the new Meer, here is my IMP..she smoke'in like a dream...great for my aros or taste'in new bacci blends

imp-smoothcalabashwithsilver.jpg

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I've never tried a meerschum, but I think I might eventually break down and buy one of the Peterson Sherlock Holmes meers some day. Always wondered how they smoke and if it's true that it can crack if you smoke it too hot and how hot is too hot. That's one nice looking meer smokindragon.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
You can smoke what you like in your Meerschaum, without having to dedicate it to a blend or category of blends, as long as you clean it after every smoke. There are exceptions, with blends that will ghost any Pipe, such as St Bruno Flake, Clan, Mixture 79 and others, but exorcism of the remnants of a blend in a Meerschaum is faster than in a Briar.

Jul 12, 2011
Thanks lordofthepiperings, you do have to be careful with a meer, esp when the bowl is heated up (don't try and clean with metal tools, etc. I have never heated that bowl up too hot...slow-sip brother..slow-sip'in. Also since the stem is a church-size one, I don't even touch the bowl on it...
The Peterson/Sherlock Holmes are great look'in Meers..no doubt about it...

pdmus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 5, 2011
Santa Monica, CA
I smoke my 2 meers as any other pipe, except I wipe out the bowl, so as not to build up a cake. Helps with the coloring. Sometimes touching the bowl with dirty fingers can leave a mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.