PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I'm still smoking my first bowl of this tasty flake. Right outta the bag it has not required a relight since charring. Smooth, tasty, did I mention it tastes really good? My Escudo was back ordered, but this will help me get over the hump.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
It is a good choice, I'd also recommend the Luxury Bullseye Flake. Both are solid bulk blends.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Cosmic, I never thought of that. I know folks on here mix say Walnut with Carter Hall and stuff like that, but never, EVER thought of LNF and LTF. Guess what I am smoking tonight??? :worship:

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
It is a good choice, I'd also recommend the Luxury Bullseye Flake. Both are solid bulk blends.
LBE was the first I went to after getting started enjoying these 'pages' and had just begun to partake of the Cornucopia of tobacco. I have enjoyed it too. Somehow, the cavendish center is more of a distraction to me all the way through the process.
That Mc2015 ain't bad once it gets a lot of air...and defumigates some of the ketchup smell.
Fresh out the bag this LNF seems to be something I'll be happy with. The end of my first bowl got some peppery, but that's concentration due to over sip. mmmm mmmm good.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I haven't liked a tobacco as instantly as Luxury Navy Flake since I cracked a tin

of Orlik Golden Sliced. Another perfectly balanced Virginia.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Of all the tobaccos I've tried, I have to say if I could only have one, it'd be Luxury Navy Flake. I have some Englishes that have more flavor, but I wouldn't want that flavor all the time. LNF is mild enough to be my favorite all-day smoke.
Thanks for the tip, cosmic; that will be my next bowl.

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
Great stuff regardless, but I have been really enjoying folding a flake of LNF and LTF together for a zesty and sweet smoke.

Enjoy!
I MUST TRY THIS!! Sounds awesome!

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
I just loaded an MM General with LNF and LTF folded and stuffed and cosmic is right. I mixed them in equal proportions, and the Twist adds a delightful spiciness to the sweetness of the Navy. This will happen again; highly recommend trying it :)
Thanks cosmic!

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I bought 4 oz of McC 2015 and just squirreled it away in a couple jars. I expect it will be quite good after some downtime hiding in my cabinet.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I haven't liked a tobacco as instantly as Luxury Navy Flake since I cracked a tin

of Orlik Golden Sliced. Another perfectly balanced Virginia.
I bought 4 oz of McC 2015 and just squirreled it away in a couple jars. I expect it will be quite good after some downtime hiding in my cabinet.
We're all on a similar wave length. After I acquired my first order from P&C which had one aro and LBE, I next got in some Mc2015, and some Escudo. I ordered LNF, OrlickGF, and more Escudo last week. I haven't tried the Orlick yet...it's tinned, so I'm gonna hold up on that. My Escudo was back ordered!
That Mc2015 does require something to make it palatable from the olfactory sense. It is a nice smoke and all, but leaves a lot to be desired with its 'nose'.

Status
Not open for further replies.