PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithelouniverse

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
So I tried my new tin of tobacco CAO cherrybomb, it was good not great. I love Moontrance by the same company. I had the same experience with the the first bowl of moontrance, too though. I opened it and sat it on the shelf for months and when I came back around to it was awesome. Hopefully a month or two of shelf time will knock my sox off too...

branzig

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2014
It's the only cherry tobacco I have ever had that didn't taste horrible.
With that being said, it never tasted good either haha...After 5 bowls I traded it away for an estate pipe.

ithelouniverse

Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
Oh that's cool! I'd trade a full tin of my number one tobacco for a cool estate pipe! If you are looking for a good aro, give moontrance a try. Non smokers compliment me on it all the time...

branzig

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2014
Nah, I'm not an aro guy myself.
I like Bold Balkans, Strong Englishs, and Tasty Virginias!

homeatsea

Mar 6, 2013
I have had both Eileen's Dream and Moontrance and thoroughly enjoy them. Never tried Cherry Bomb. I have always been afraid of berry blends. That said, I am smoking through Sutliff's St. George's Blend and finding it enjoyable. Not great, but enjoyable.

natibo

Nov 10, 2013
Cincinnati, OH USA
I take whatever Virginia flake I'm running low on and mix it with Lane's TK-6 (sold as Mercantile at my B&M). It gives a nice cherry taste while the VA's provide some substance.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
Love the song Cherrybomb by Mellencamp. Love cherry pie. Cherry tobacco...not so much. My idea of an "aromatic" tobacco is one that has a pleasant aroma to others. People (female people especially) tell me my Royal Yacht smells very nice. I wish they would stop using the term "aromatic" and switch to "flavored" instead to describe blends that are sprayed with copious amounts of flavored topping.

lurch76

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2013
The few cherry blends I have tried wouldn't have been so bad if they cut back on the flavoring some. It seems like they always go overboard on the topping with the cherry blends.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I primarily smoke non-aros these days, but for a long time aros were my daily smokes. I still go on occasional aro kicks that may last for a day or a month. That being said, I never have been big on any of the fruity aros (I always preferred aros along the lines of 1Q). I did , however, try one that was fairly decent and that was Lane Limited "Very Cherry". It actually smoked pretty good, and didn't leave me thinking I had just taken some nasty cough syrup.

CAO does make quality stuff though, I've smoked and enjoyed many of their cigars. The only CAO pipe tobacco I've had is their "Eileen's Dream", which I found to be quite enjoyable.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I'm with shutterbug, I like my tobacco to taste like tobacco. Fortunately, the best part about this little hobby of ours is that everyone's tastes are different, and there is a blend (or a hundred) for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.