PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2014
wv
This is a LHS Sterncrest Fire Thorn I recently added to the collection. I've been doing a little bit to it off and on for a couple of weeks. I'm not sure what the difference between a Sterncrest and a FireThorn Sterncrest is, but this is the first Sterncrest I've ever seen with any fills. It has one small fill towards the top of the bowl. It looked pretty sad when I received it but these old LHS pipes always clean up nicely and smoke like a champ. Push stem and stinger free. I beveled the rim, bent the stem back to its original position and built up the button. The grain isn't anything to write home about so I went dark with the finish.
7rRurgDl.jpg

1DEsJoSl.jpg

tOKmXg4l.jpg

VnUDEH9l.jpg

9Ycx5eSl.jpg

ZUiO62Gl.jpg

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Nice score Dave. The bulldog doesn't show up for sale very often. I'm always hunting for LHS and I only have two dogs. Classic and squat. I had to trade some rack queens to get that squat bulldog out of the hands of another collector.

gogosamgo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
That's incredible! I have one pipe I really want to restore, but I'm afraid of messing it up, so I'll probably get a professional to do it and just practice on some cheaper pipes!

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Nice Dave, Very nice gogosamgo You can't go wrong sending your pipe to this man here.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Well Dave , there you go. If ejames hasn't seen it before , you must have a rarity there. Nice find.

Status
Not open for further replies.