PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarit

Can't Leave
Jul 2, 2013
Hey, We are almost a hundred years old nation!
We have bears and trees and lakes and ducks and good music:
Finlandia

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Congrats! Seems like nobody likes being ruled by the Russians.
z129.jpg

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
Congratulations! I have in my heart a special place for the land of Sibelius and Mannerheim.

jarit

Can't Leave
Jul 2, 2013
Many thanks, buroak!
I may have posted this before, but it's a pictorial of Finnish war time pipe tobacco action: http://imgur.com/a/NFo7M

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
jarit, You are quite welcome. Thank you for sharing those photos again. I remember the original posting, but I had not looked through them in a long time.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Thanks jarit, for reminding me I haven't listened to Finlandia in a long time. I'll give it spin on the turntable today in celebration.
Holy crap deathmetal! I checked out some music samples of Beherit's music on Amazon and I have to admit I've never heard anything like it. Very interesting stuff, definitely leaning toward the dark side. Like Laurie Anderson, I like difficult music. Perfect for Halloween too.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I checked out some music samples of Beherit's music on Amazon and I have to admit I've never heard anything like it. Very interesting stuff, definitely leaning toward the dark side.
Very much toward the dark side, since it emerged from black metal. Glad you enjoyed. You might enjoy this interview with the creator:
http://www.deathmetal.org/interview/nuclear-holocausto-beherit/
Other great stuff from Finland: Sentenced, Demilich, Impaled Nazarene, Belial, Demigod, Amorphis and Desecresy.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Happy Independence Day to my Finnish friends. You have what must be one of the best national anthems in the world. I had a friend of Finnish descent in high school, and he had relatives with amazing names. I'll have to do this phonetically, but one of them was named Epitulke Molinen. With a byline like that, you could publish anything anywhere. (Epi-too-li-key Mo-lin-nen).

Status
Not open for further replies.