Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

teroff

Lurker
Feb 20, 2017
Hello all.

First of all, please forgive me my mistakes and typos, English is not my first language.
I've been smoking for about 2 months and 2 of 3 tins of the tobacco I've bought are almost done. Before I started smoking I had bought:
Lane 1Q - was fine for me, not great, just fine

Orlik Golden Sliced - I like it. Taste and aftertaste of Virginia... Mmmm

McClelland Frog Morton - Didn't like at all, probably, latakia is not my tobacco yet.
Based on my preferences, could you pease recommend me some new tobacco? For now I am looking for an aromatic with mild room note and taste and Virginia that would help me to fell in love even more :)
Thanks a lot in advanced.

From Russian With Love

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome to the forum! I am mostly a latakia fan, and while I can recommend some good Virginias, many are more familiar than I and will be along shortly I think.
What pipe(s) do you have or prefer?
Your English is better than many!

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Full Virginia Flake, St James Flake, Escudo, Hearth&Home Anniversary Kake, Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake, GL Pease Viprati, GL Pease Telegraph Hill, GL Pease Union Square, are some of the many great Virginia and Virginia Perique blends available for now.

teroff

Lurker
Feb 20, 2017
jpmcwjr thanks for the nice word.

So far I've had corn cobs only, but I am looking for my first briar pipe.
sablebrush52

Wow, thanks a lot

tinsel

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
just keep smoking the orlik golden sliced.
If you insist upon trying new things ... try red cake 5100, it's my 2nd favorite after OGS.

deleon

Nov 7, 2011
Texas
Cult - Blood Red Moon is a good aromatic tobacco. If you're not sure maybe ordering an ounce of a few aromatics to try without breaking the bank.

grue

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2016
I love OGS so my next similar favourite is Elizabethan Mixture. It has a generous dose of perique too but the virginias shine fresh all through the smoke. It took me most of my first tin to "get" it but now I love it.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
Id reccomend, in no particular order
EITC Royal Challange

Dunhill Early Morning Pipe, BB1938 and Elizabethan

Carter Hall

Samuel Gawith Squadron Leader and Skiff Mixture

Dec 28, 2015
Since you like the Va I would definitely recommend Dunhill Flake and PS luxury navy flake since they are both easy to get. If at all possible get your hands on some F&T cut Va plug and some SG Full Va Flake. And get some Dunhill early morning pipe to try to ease into Lat blends.
And welcome to the group.

seagullplayer

Jan 30, 2014
Indiana
I think you are off to a good start by NOT liking the Frog. lol
You have some good choices offered in this thread.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Teroff, Djen Dobryij, as If you're in Russian Federation, I highly recommend you to search for both Amphora Virginia Yet The Original Brown one, they widely available at many Tobacconist in Your country.and the price is surpricingly cheaper than say in Germany being around Rbl 400 per 40gr pouch- good value.med strenght yet dependable smokes, thus no aros)Poka,

lindholmer

Lurker
Feb 22, 2017
if i may chip in as a completly new pipesmoker myself, i really enjoyed Samuel Gawith Best Brown, more so than their Full Verginia Flake, and Dunhill Early Morning Pipe, even tho it has got latakia, i could really enjoy it on the second bowl, sipped slow and cool :)

teroff

Lurker
Feb 20, 2017
paulie66scandina thanks, I have moved to the States recently. But I am flying to Russia in a week. Will try to find the tobacco you recommended.
lindholmer, thanks. I've heard a lot of good words about EMP

Status
Not open for further replies.