PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Quite impressed with this one. Vader makes a great appearance, not overly enthused about the digital overlay of Cushing's and Fisher's faces, but good story overall. Very dark story though, even more so than Empire. And I mean DARK. :clap:

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
Can't wait to see it. I've heard a lot of good things about it. Alan Tudyk played a robot, K-2so, and he is always entertaining. The female lead looks impressive! :puffy:

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Oh, and with this title, including the upcoming Episode 8, Anthony Daniels is the only actor to appear in all nine films.

Jan 8, 2013
I really wanted to see this in the theater, but something kept getting in the way. I finally watched it the other day and WOW! I don't want to give anything away for those who haven't seen it yet. But this movie is what Star Wars is all about. It truly sets the stage for Star Wars episode IV A New Hope in a way that really makes the original movie make sense. Not only is it a great standalone movie, but it will make watching the first movie (episode IV) so much more enjoyable. And yes, the Darth Vader scene was beyond epic! And is it just me, but did Vader seem a little shorter? Perhaps he was wearing different boots? I seem to remember him being taller haha. :rofl: Seriously though, without a doubt one my favorite Star Wars movies yet... and I've been a fan since I was three years old... yeah I actually remember sitting in the theater and staring at the screen for the whole movie.
I'll be watching this one again in the morning! :)

Jan 8, 2013
I thought Ponda Baba's head looked a bit too large for his body.
:rofl:
Did you notice a couple X wing pilots from A New Hope? It's actually footage that was left out of the original, and they used it for this movie.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
I was underwhelmed ... even a little offended ... by The Force Awakens. I almost skipped Rogue One.
Glad I went anyway. Rogue One's a mess but a fun mess. I enjoyed the snarky droid. The Vader scene by itself was worth the price of admission. It's definitely a step in the right direction.
The popcorn was great, too! :D

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
They should follow it up with a film about how the Bothans got the plans for the second Death Star.

Jan 8, 2013
I was underwhelmed ... even a little offended ... by The Force Awakens. I almost skipped Rogue One.
I thoroughly enjoyed The Force Awakens. More backstory would have been nice though, to better understand what happened between that and Return Of The Jedi, especially since most of the books and comics are no longer canon. But I liked the development of new characters, and I'm looking forward to watch them grow in the upcoming movies. I was a little taken aback at how quickly, ok how instantly Rey grew in the Force with no training whatsoever. But maybe she's just that freaking strong in the Force... I guess we'll see. Other than that, I loved Force Awakens.

Mar 1, 2014
I'm glad most people can look past the flaws.
In my opinion they could have shot the entire thing as a silent film and I would have enjoyed it just as much (kind of like Wall-E, another one of my all time favorite movies), it's the best looking movie in the entire franchise, and probably one of the best looking movies ever made. You really get some of the most spectacular setpeices imaginable here.
Unfortunately I almost feel like it would have been better paced as a series of short stories with how much character development you get, minus K-2SO who is obviously the main character.
According to some Jedi Council experts you get a lot of added depth if you read/listen to the Star Wars Catalyst book (they say the production value on the Audible version is very good).

Jan 8, 2013
They should follow it up with a film about how the Bothans got the plans for the second Death Star.
The next film after episode 9 will be the movie about a younger Han Solo. Not sure how I feel about the guy portraying him though. I think they could have done a better job finding someone a closer resembling to a young Harrison Ford. And someone else playing Han Solo? Those are going to be some mighty big shoes to fill. I'm willing to give him a chance though.
Edit to add: What the hell are we all doing up talking about Star Wars at 3:00 in the morning on a weekday like a bunch of kids? We better get our butts to bed! We have school in the morning!!!!

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
:rofl:
Speaking of a young Han, there was a young man in the movie, "The Age of Adeline", that played Harrison Ford's character's younger self, and it was spot on. That's who they need.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Here they are together. Anthony Ingruber and Harrison Ford. He captured Harrison's voice and mannerisms in the Age of Adaline ridiculously well, and if he isn't being considered to play a young Han, he needs to be.
26kpkgq3.jpg

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Really good movie I so should've seen in theater. I'll definitely buy it in its 4K Blueray iteration as it'll really show off the tech nicely. So well excecuted. Amazing production and directing.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I bought and watched it last night. Knowing the lore I went in with some clue as to what would happen. Character development was good and in depth. I was surprised as to how all characters stories concluded.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I too held off watching because I was really let down by the Force Awakens, but I was very must pleasantly surprised by good this one was. The tie in to Episode IV was very, very well done. I'm sorry I was so stubborn when it came out.

bonanzadriver

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2016
Confession time here.
I'm a definite scifi geek. Love just about any movie or tv series that has anything to do with space travel or the future.
Although I've seen every Star Trek episode ever, I can't recall the # or title of each one.
Same with the Star Wars movies. I'll occasionally call it one title when it's another.
With Rogue One, my son Nick and I went to see it at the theaters. I'd paid some attention to the trailers but not really. After all, I was gonna see it either way.
So there we are, about 15 or 20 minutes into the movie when I lean over to Nick and say... "I don't recognize any of these characters from the last movie!" He about laughed himself silly. Through the snorts and chortles he was able to get out that this was the prequil to the first Star Wars Movie.
After an "Ahhhhh, I seeeeeee" by me, we were able to watch the rest of the movie. I still think he was gigglin @ me on occasion though. 8)

Jan 8, 2013
Duane, the young Han Solo will be played by a guy named Alden Ehrenreich.... I've never heard of him. That could be a good thing or a bad thing lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.