PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifeon2

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2012
denver co
Got this on ebay last week will post my own pics after I clean up the stem.
KGrHqRhQE9tDjC792BPrs3gysw60_57.jpg

I have been wanting one of these for some time now and I only need the aligator and the suede to have all 4.

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
Very odd, but cool looking pipe.. Can't wait to see your resto pics... Congrats!!

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Cool! I have a couple of Longchamps and they are pretty decent smokers. One is a smooth leather one like Elvis had and the other I couldn't save the leather :crying: but I had Jason Gone do a cool rustication job on it. I saw that pony fur on the bay, but didn't bite. Glad it turned out to be good!
Here's the one with the rust.
b3335502.jpg

And here is the "Elvis" pipe with the leather.
04b5bc7e.jpg

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
The pony fur is very odd. Is there any purpose to it, or is it just for looks? Neat.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Just one of Longchamp's crazy designs. They had some different color designs, too. They are OK smokers but not great. They have a stinger that looks like a drill bit, but it's removable.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
The newer Longchamps were made of better briar from what I've read. The really old ones were reportedly covered in leather to hide flaws. Ropp and Butz Choquin made the newer ones.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I need to get some of that. I have a French speaking friend who's into horse racing. She'll bust a gut when I say I'm smoking that!

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Just got a pony fur off of ebay also. Its different for sure, came in a lot sale. mine has a straight stem.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
Love that Pony Longchamp. First time I've ever seen one. A few years ago I won a 46 yr old 7 Day set of Longchamp pipes on EBay. Their contained in a red Longchamp case with a felt inner liner with each pipe having it's own slot with the day of the week printed above each slot. One of my first pipes was a Longchamp and have loved them ever since. A former Governor of Maryland, Marvin Mandel, was a huge fan of Longchamp pipes and had a large collection. I was fortunate to get a look at them when I visited the Governor's mansion in Annapolis in 1983.

Status
Not open for further replies.