PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

easterntraveler

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2012
If you have read 4 or 5 of my previous posts I have had a brutal time with a wet smoke. However my last two bowls have been great. I had very little dottle in the first one and I smoked all the way down with the second one. Thanks for all the suggestions and responses to my posts.

youngsterpuffer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2013
I've always had a problem with pipes smoking wet, no matter how slow I smoke (or i think I smoke...) I have 2 savs, 3 graybows, 2 kaywoodies, and a kleenest (which is actually my favorite pipe of the bunch) and everything without a filter tends to smoke wet for me. I'll be sticking with my filtered pipes, I can puff on them as much as I want and never get a wet smoke. May be a newbie thing, but it's all about enjoyment, right?

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
The only time I get a wet smoke is when the tobacco is too moist. I also never drool into the stem. What's up with the wet pipe?

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Too loose at the bottom tamp just a little harder ,not to much or you mess up the draw .Then fill in two more stages .You will get the hang of it .When it happens to me I just start over and cuss at myself .

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
I DO drool into the stem quite often I'm sorry to admit. When ever I get one of those life changing smoking experiences with a good tobacco and find myself "in the zone", my saliva glands just go full blast. I do try to work on it but I also never light up without 3-4 pipe cleaners within my reach. I'm totally ok with all and will take a savory smoke over a dry hot one any day.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
"I DO drool into the stem quite often I'm sorry to admit. "
This is partially due to simply having a stem in your mouth, which automatically starts the salivary glands going. But this *should* dissipate with time, if you're a regular smoker and you keep the pipe in your mouth throughout a smoke. You'll end up "training" your mouth.
Otherwise, it can help to hold the pipe in your hand and only put it to your lips when you're actually drawing on it.
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.