PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
... and at a good price to! However, I’m a tad short on money at this juncture due to Property Tax time so I thought I’d let others know so that they can grab it. All ya have to do is click on the ‘Buy It Now’ button and it’s yours!

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
That price for Stonehaven is insane!!! $80 for Balkan Sobranie!!! You said it best Troy,
"The Pirates of Penzance vs. the Swindlers of Stonehaven vs. the Skyrocketeers of Sobranie!"

Jan 8, 2013
Capitolism. Everybody is out to take advantage of the people who don't know any better. Kinda nauseating, really. Some poor sap is going to see that and get all excited, thinking it is a true find, and they will buy it.

May 31, 2012
...especially if it turns out to be the "brown" SH,

they've had batch inconsistencies and sometimes you get that brown stuff which ain't really the "golden standard",

SH should always be very black, very moist, and have that lovely special aroma...
...I've been disappointed with a few bags and it kinda pisses me off too.

:evil:

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
As long as there are people who define happiness or status by the things that they buy or possess, there will be a ready market of willing suckers lining up to be fleeced. The sellers are merely supplying a market, just the same as any entrepreneur. That market exists because of the buyers. No one forces anyone to buy overpriced goods on eBay.
It's amusing in a dark way.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Thanks to Rsuninv, I finally had the chance to sample this elusive blend.
While it is definitely a quality tobacco, there are less expensive, more readily available

blends that will fill it's shoes in my cellar.

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
While it is definitely a quality tobacco, there are less expensive, more readily available

blends that will fill it's shoes in my cellar.
Like what?
I'd love to have other things in this ballpark to smoke and not worry about my dwindling supply.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Like What?
ODF fills this niche for me. I'm not saying it's a "match" but rather an alternative.
Here's some others to contemplate:
Gawith & Hoggarth Dark Flake

Solani Silver Flake

Germain's Rich Dark Flake

Status
Not open for further replies.