PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
I carved this out of a pre-drilled block from Mark Tinsky. This morning I was able to get over to Simeon Turner's house where he kindly stained and finished the block, and bent and buffed the stem. She's smoking very well.
IMG_0263_zpsbd2edff3.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Stellar. The grain flames up in a beautiful way and the stem matches to perfection.

Jan 8, 2013
that is awesome :) I was going to purchase a block Nording had on Pipesandcigars, but was too slow and it's gone now. Does anyone know where I can get one from another site perhaps?

trailspike48

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 15, 2013
Great job. I've been wanting to make a pipe from petrified wood. Did you need special tool? I heard the wood is very hard and creates problems with regular tools. Someone on the forum commented that on the lathe, all they got was smoke, no cutting.

trailspike48

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 15, 2013
Troutface, disregard my questions above. I reread the post and you didn't use a petrified block. Poor reading on my part. Anyway beautiful pipe, I love the grain.

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
Thank you all for the very kind words. I wish I were a better photographer as the pipe is nicer in hand than in the photo. Simeon also blasted another pipe for me and is putting a stem on it this week. I'll get it back Thursday at the pipe club meeting and will post photos. If you haven't heard of Simeon Turner please take a look at his very fine pipes on our sponsors' sites. Thanks again !

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I like it. The only thing bothering me is where you see the tenon peeking out before going into the mortise. Other than that it looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.