PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
So I recently moved. At my old place I had a whole walk in closet with shelving and could easily go in and select a blend. Here we are much more limited on space and I have been having to dig through these bins, but no more. Just built this shelf to hold the jars. The shelves are angled to keep the jars in place. Now I can once again see everything and choose a blend with ease. The top two shelves are Flakes and Virginias, middle shelf are Englishes, and bottom shelf are Aros for the most part. I still have one bin with Quarts and misc.

Here is the before

And the after

hmhaines

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 5, 2016
CT
Fantastic! Sometime down the road I'll have to weld up some shelves for mine!

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
They look nice and I like the idea of slanted shelves. One question though- Is the shelf secured to the wall? If not there is a good probability that it will collapse sideways. Seen it happen many times. If you can wiggle the shelf left and right, you need to secure it.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I like that idea! But what about the jars on the bottom of the shelves, with 2 jars on top of it?
And I see the guitar case hiding...do tell!

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
It is secured to the wall at two points. And the jars aren't technically round so you can easily pull one out of the bottom and just shift the other jars into it's spot. As for the guitar it is one I borrowed from a friend because I'm going to start taking lessons.

Status
Not open for further replies.