PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
All things have to come to an end…and tomorrow we fly back to Sarasota. We had a great visit with Luca and his sister Roberta at Neat Pipes in Milan. They have an active pipe studio as well as representing many of the top Italian makers and a few American artisans as well….The studio is in one of the best locations I've seen- a 17th century brick kiln near the Naviglia section of Milan. I was expecting production heavily dependent on frasing machines, but they have shifted over to hand shaping. Lot's of pictures to follow….

ih0cjc.jpg

The crew at the shop

2ez67g8.jpg

Lot's of Sanding

fm27wz.jpg

In the office checking out some of their latest pipes…

qp3yf5.jpg

A few equipment shots…

2uo1ibk.jpg

2gx1894.jpg

…and the one who really keeps things running- Luca's sister Roberta…:)

oecrs.jpg

Jan 8, 2013
I've been following your travels, and I must say it looks like you've had a wonderfully grand time. Thanks for sharing the stories and photos :) And have a safe trip home.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Really sorry I missed the earlier posts
I purchased from Neat before, and its great to see the actual shop.
thanks for posting and say hi to Greta for me.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Thanks for the pics and info Zack - sounds like you had a great trip! Both Pierre at A La Pipe du Nord and Rakel at A l'Oriental in Paris were very complimentary about your visits when I saw them last week. They both had big smiles!
Andy

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
It was a memorable trip for sure...Too bad we both picked up a minor bug on the last day. Flying home took 3 legs and 18 hours total....The worse part was sitting for an hour in Phillie on a flight hold- cabin was hot, Greta was feeling terrible and she passed out cold for about 30 seconds...Narrowly missed going back to the gate and having to deplane....Fortunately, all's well that ends well.....

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Thanks for remembering us by posting all those pix so we could share in the adventure.

It's good to be able to put faces behind those email notifications I always get from NeatPipes.

I'm glad to hear you finally made it back in one piece! :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.