PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
So I'm considering getting a pipe with a filter, why would be the benefit or the con of filters? It's a savinelli miele...do I have to use the filter?

Any ideas on this would be great :)

Gunnar

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Filters are great at preventing gurgle if your pipe is prone to that. They do reduce flavor and mellow out the smoke a little. Most don't use them because of that including myself. I own a few corn cob pipes which never gurgle because of the really big air passages and a Peterson System Pipe for the same reason. Filters can also reduce tongue bite on blends that bite you too much.

martiniman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 6, 2012
One of the reasons i started with a filtered Savinelli was because of the many reasons mentioned above. I've smoked it with and without and cannot tell the diff...... :roll:

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
I smoke all the way to the bottom of the bowl and do several relights to make sure I got it all. Sometimes in a cob with a large stem passage, I'll get some hot ash on my tongue, so I started using a filter in those. I don't use a production filter, but put some of the tobacco I'm smoking in the stem. Saves the tongue every time.

bigmike

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Try it both ways then decide which works best for you. Everyone's different.......

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Marketing pioneer Daniel Boone Savinelli with an early focus group.
QuotedSavinelli.jpg

:rofl: Man, I get a lotta mileage outta this!

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Man, I get a lotta mileage outta this!
Yes you do! That and the 'PM.com Aromatic Garbage Can' container.
-Jason
P.S.- I'm waiting for a pic of the PM.com tamper rubbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.