PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

apatim

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I recently purchased an estate Ferndown from one of our friends here and it arrived in the mail today. Also arriving today is a 2 pipe stand I ordered so that I could display the Ferndown next to my other favorite - a Radice. I think they look pretty handsome together.
Guess what I'm gonna be doing later this evening! (I think Nightcap and a single malt should do the trick)

apatim

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Thanks for selling it to me, numbersix. I promise to treat it well! ;-)
Photos taken with iPhone 5... I've only had it a couple of months - have been quite impressed with the quality of photos and videos it takes. I have a windshield mount on my car for taking video while driving and the clarity is quite amazing.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Great little collection there, Tim, love the Radice and new Ferndown! Hope you enjoy many wonderful smokes in it. I also dig your "tobacco shrine" that all your tobacco related items are on as well as the stand. I gotta work on getting me a set up like that.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Tim
Congrats on that score. I've not owned a Ferndown as of yet, but I hear that they are excellent smokers and good value for the $ right now.
Hope that they both smoke well for you.

apatim

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Thanks guys... Am enjoying the Ferndown as I type. Great smoke so far. Was out of single malt so went with Brandy.
I have quite a bit more and different tobaccos on order and have more in cabinet. Storing up slowly but surely!

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Nice Ferndown, you will love it. To me, Ferndown is the best currently produced British pipe, maybe the world....just don't tell my Rinaldo or Castellos I said that.

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Sweet! Very handsome! I'm sure it's in good hands.
You mind me asking where you found that 2 pipe stand? I've purchased several other kinds but not really happy with them. Love that one you got there.
Ah yes, I was thinking about a little nip of a single malt myself. I think The Macallan 18 would hit the nail pretty squarely on the head for me ;)

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
A Ferndown looks beautiful next to anything!
They are spectacular pipes and I'm sure you'll get many years of enjoyment out of it. I have a 3 Star Reo that I love. I just wish I had been a little faster and beat you to the deal on that pipe :wink:

apatim

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Monty, I bid on the 2 pipe stand a couple of days prior to end of bidding. My bid was $5.50. I forgot about it and ended up winning the bid at that price. I thought it was a good price. I've gotten lucky on a few eBay bids... Got the radice for about $40 including shipping.

neverbend

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2014
Got me a little green how well you have everything laid out. My tins are in a dusty box.

Status
Not open for further replies.