PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brightleaf

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2017
http://thehill.com/regulation/healthcare/351171-fda-to-study-warnings-for-cigarette-packaging

"The FDA is now going back to the drawing board.

In its notice, the agency said the results of the study will help inform the agency’s development of cigarette graphic health warnings so it can implement the mandatory graphic warning label statements consistent with the Federal Cigarette Labeling and Advertising Act and the First Amendment.

The public has 30 days to comment on the proposed study.
"
The FDA is back on their mission to enforce the display of messages that contribute to creation of illness in the population. While the term "placebo" is well known to many, the term "nocebo" is not common knowledge. Often used as an explanation for the effectiveness of Voodoo and witch doctor curses, a nocebo is the name given to otherwise harmless messages that cause actual harm to a person who believes the message.

Here is an informative and enjoyable link:

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20150210-can-you-think-yourself-to-death
Besides endorsing the addition of monster hybrid animal/plants in our food supply, with human DNA in some of them.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2001/sep/09/gm.food

We are now paying them to fine tune their black magic spells that inspire sickness in the population.
In dealing with spell-crafters it is best to hold the purveyor of the message in low regard. Recognizing the source as biased and with ill intent, one can minimize any ill effects of the nocebo. You could just as easily dismiss this message from me, but know that I only want to reduce the damage of a curse on you. We may soon be exposed to these messages, don't let them work on you.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Interesting, varieties of corn to fight "herpes". Hope they're successful. Corn plants for contraception? Hopefully a "popcorn" variety which may possibly wipe out teenage pregnancy. Well, maybe only those who would be conceiving in a theater/drive-in or the family room watching a movie with the boyfriend. :puffy:

brightleaf

Sep 4, 2017
From the article Delivery of Immunoprophylactics in Transgenic Plants by Ekkehard Hansen and Cintia Kawashima published in BioDrugs June 2000

An especially interesting feature of producing vaccines in

edible plant parts is the potential to use the transgenic plant as a vehicle for oral

delivery. Substantial progress has been made over the past few years, and the first

clinical trials have demonstrated the potential of this new technology.

What concerns me more is that the FDA allows the Transgenic or GMO corn to be called "Corn"

It is only when the physical properties, nutritional properties, or allergic properties are changed does it have to be renamed. https://www.fda.gov/RegulatoryInformation/Guidances/ucm059098.htm They admit that over 90% of corn is already GMO.
So, as long as the corn can still be used as a food source it can be called corn, without a label indicating it has been altered genetically by combining it with rare human genetic diseases.
Of course they claim to be wanting to educate the public about tobacco use. Informed consent is the education of the benefits and possible side effects of an action, not just the negative side effects. For instance, people are not sold on chemotherapy because they want to poison themselves. But in making labels for tobacco products the FDA says this "The existing research indicates that a balanced set of graphic warnings that includes a range and variety of images is effective. For example, the use of health warnings with “frightening” or “disturbing” tonal qualities appears effective" The FDA is focused on frightening and disturbing the population, focused on projecting curses of ill health. The hypocrisy is unmistakable, they do not want us educated, in one hand they take away our "harmful" natural products, in the other they give us their Frankenstein products for consumption. Then have the gall to tell us how bad nature's gift is for us.
In reading the book The Wind is my Mother by Bear Heart and Molly Larkin one learns "Tobacco has the quality of being able to absorb. When made into a poultice, it can absorb toxins out of a rash or bug bite. When you pray with it, it absorbs your prayers. And when smoked, the smoke carries your prayers up to the Creator."
Personally, tobacco gives me a chance find peace, to calm my mind and connect to the moment. I try to think good thoughts and to be a better person. I see the intrusion of negative messages into my environment, as required by the FDA, as pure posion. An influence of evil demanding attention, in their own words "warnings with “frightening” or “disturbing” tonal qualities"

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
When visiting Great Britain and Ireland I make an effort to collect the graphic images on the cigarette packs. It's great sport, a bit perverse that, akin to collecting the baseball cards in packages of gum when I was a kid. You've made your decision to smoke, don't let the images change your mind. If the images deflect kids from spending their moneys and risking their health by smoking, I say well done.
Personally, I think a picture showing the money spent on tobacco going up in smoke would be a better deterrent than the graphic images. But, that's just my thought.
I don't need a bunch of new smokers surrounding me nor society's respect for my choices. Nor, would I ever offer support if someone asks me about taking up tobacco. It's a purely selfish decision and should be made as such. Hopefully, after some diligent research into the positives and negatives.

brightleaf

Sep 4, 2017
I think a collection of the labels is worth pursuing. It is a snapshot into the society in which we live. Much as collecting limited edition collector packs that featured Joe Camel. Times change, and now the freedom to use an image has become regulated, the city government of San Francisco sued R.J. Reynolds for over $10,000,000.00 because of using Joe Camel advertising in their city limits. While we've accepted obscenity laws that curb free speech, it is slightly perverse when governments ban unoffensive images and make millions off of private citizen's businesses, and then promote mandate obscene images to be plastered on products at a private company's expense. Collecting the obscene anti-smoking warnings is collecting evidence of our rotten culture. It reeks of "Sue, don't make an honest living, make people do what you want, terrorize those who disagree"

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Good post brightleaf. I fully agree with you on all counts. There is much ignorance regarding the magnitude of the GMO issue. Most people know next to nothing about it, and some simply equate it with cross breeding. The full scope and intent of it is insidious and malevolent imo.
As far as:
In dealing with spell-crafters it is best to hold the purveyor of the message in low regard.
This is good news for me, because there are few things I hold in lower regard than the FDA. And I was of that opinion long before they were given the power to destroy tobacco.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Good goods are good until they go bad, then they are bad goods. Good?
Good goods gone bad due to natural causes is not inherently bad.
Good goods genetically engineered to be bad is not good.

brightleaf

Sep 4, 2017
Your right Brian64, in considering GMOs there is a lot to learn. I even added some emphasis on a favorite topic of your's Deathmetal. :wink:
Genetically Modified Organisms, or as they were originally called in scientific literature Transgenic Organisms are not the same as animals or plants that have been domesticated or bred with characteristics beneficial to mankind. The term signifies something much more sinister. Originally promoted as the savior to the human race, plants with bacterial, fungal, or animal DNA was touted as being able to turn the deserts green and require no pesticide, fertilizer or irrigation. It was another promise of Utopia and a return to the Garden of Eden.
In looking more closely at mythology and biblical sources one finds a more dire warning. H.P. Blavatsky writes of an ancient root race of man that practiced black magic and offended the Gods by practicing bestiality. In modern times we know that species, even if closely related cannot produce viable offspring, the taboo of bestiality was not in the sex, so much as in the creation of monsters. We are told that God destroyed the Lemurians for their creation of monsters and their practice of Black Magic.

the bestiality of the primeval mindless races resulted in the production of huge man-like monsters – the offspring of human and animal parents.” - The Ocean of Theosophy by William Judge 1893, the term mindless can better be thought of as irresponsible.
Looking at Genesis we find out that Adam discovered the Tree of Knowledge and was banished from the Garden of Eden due to the fear that he would also discover the Tree of Life, which God then protected with a Flaming Sword.
In modern times the Tree of Life is often thought to be the Double Helix of DNA. Of course we cannot breed with animals and create Centaurs and Satyrs, but with our knowledge of DNA we can now bring life forms, much more distant in relation, together that will spawn new reproducing organisms. Most all GMOs at least have bacterial DNA mixed into it somewhere.
While we cannot test the DNA of our food supply ourselves, we trust the FDA to monitor it for us. Yet, the FDA allows the ingredients of our food to use terms such as Corn, Soy, Sugar Cane, Beets, Tomatoes when they are not actually those organisms but are instead the monsters of modern science, organisms that have never existed before their creation in a lab. The FDA says that labeling an organism as a GMO is voluntary, not mandatory.
In our current events it looks like the FDA will soon ban traditionally evolved/God created tobacco and require the use of new low- nicotine “tobacco.” Unlike the requirement where the government wants every ingredient, casing and pesticide used on tobacco listed for consumer knowledge, GMO tobacco companies do not have to list what life forms have been spliced into it's DNA, even if it now produces it's own pesticide endogenously. In the consumption of monsters, we are all guinea pigs, perhaps even cannibals. I like to remember the old adage “you are what you eat.”

Status
Not open for further replies.