PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
Wow! Great job! That certainly answers a number of questions. Thanks for that insightful write up.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The uncertainly really makes it hard on businesses. All they can do is sit tight and watch closely. The implication I get from this is that the cost of business will go up quite a bit, so the prices of pipe tobacco will too. I can't see how retailers can handle the products, or blenders sell them, without considerable added expense. For bowl-a-day pipe smokers like me, the budget impact may take a long time to be felt, but for people who smoke hours a day, while working or relaxing, this could be expensive and/or inhibiting. The lively variety of new blends to try and exciting matches of discontinued blends seems to be mostly shut down. Will this impart roaring improved health in the populace? Not so likely.

tmb152

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2016
As usual, the Fed really has no *blinking* idea what it is doing, as far as the industry or products are concerned, nor do they care. They have identified the market as something they want to control, crush and eliminate, or at least squeeze hard for money, so they will bury you in absurdly long and complicated and expensive procedures that no one can figure out what they mean, including themselves, so companies will have to tend to over-comply in all hopes of not still being found not in compliance.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
So they as usual don't know what they are doing, who knew.
Now you know why I and many others have been cellaring so much. My PayPal F&F store opens for business 08/09/2016. Come one come all. And free shipping if you spend $99.00 or more.

May 4, 2015
I sat on my couch last evening watching some YouTube videos on tobacco aging and began to FUME about all of this.
These aren't the actions of participants in an industry aimed and "getting kids hooked" or "creating a new generation of addicts."
If our government can't distinguish the fundamental difference between an cigarette smoker and a pipe smoker, we are well and truly doomed.
I am both at the same time, and I know the purpose of my cigarettes. I also know the purpose of my pipe tobacco. They aren't vastly - vastly different things.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Right, wrong, or indifferent, this is why some people oppose everything the government wants to do. Everything.

May 4, 2015
Right, wrong, or indifferent, this is why some people oppose everything the government wants to do. Everything.
It's sure starting to feel like they aren't particularly good at anything.
The major problem-causer in all of this is the macro-view. When anything is managed at this high of a level, there just isn't time or room for nuance. Without the proper resources (time/money), it's impossible to distinguish any difference between pipes, cigs, cigars, vape, whatever. Which is why the ability to regulate this industry is in the WRONG hands.
There MUST be away to get these people to understand that "tobacco" can not be efficiently/equitably regulated as a whole without a detailed and nuanced look at all the facets.
EDIT: This is all assuming that any of them ACTUALLY give a shit - an assumption that may be ill-conceived.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Please excuse this blatant self-promotion, but the Pipe Pundit mentioned that pipes would be in the mix of the draconian FDA regulations in a couple of columns this year.
It does not make sense that pipes would fit the profile for these awful regulations. To stop this sort of nonsense, it is going to take a herculean effort on our part, meaning the pipe smoker, the tobacco manufacturers, the pipe makers, the online e-commerce pipe and tobacco companies and the B&M retailers.
This also has to do with the philosophy of governing.
My view is that the fight must be double pronged: one prong leads to congress, which gave the FDA power to regulate the tobacco industry. Therefore, it can rescind that power. The second-prong must focus on the FDA itself.

jparker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 22, 2014
Well I guess its back to carving watermelons.... if anyone would like to pre-order for a pumpkin this october hit me up.... off to change change the website jparkerwatermelonsandpumpkins.com or maybe jparkernotdoingwhatIwanttobedoing.com *sigh*
wp_20160715_15_10_45_raw-32464-600x337.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.