PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeyanchors

Lurker
Apr 19, 2014
Let's hear what your favorite summer blend/s are?
I'll be trying Orlik Golden Sliced next week when it arrives.

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
Peter Stokkebye Golden Dansk. Doesn't matter how hot it gets outside, this is still an enjoyable.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't find blends season specific, for whatever reason, but before I opened this post,

I was going to suggest Orlik Golden Sliced, so that's a propitious coincidence. Most blends

go pretty well year round, for me. Lanes LL-7 goes well in the summer. Nightcap may

be especially apt in the fall and winter.

james80

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 16, 2012
MacBaren Vanilla Cream Flake or McBaren Navy Flake. I also find myself yearning Germains Plumcake Mixture

james80

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 16, 2012
Excellent review, Cortez. You hit my experience exactly. Germains PMC is a much underrated blend and very suitable for a summer smoke.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I'm on a big Va, Va/Per and Va/Bur kick right now, so I'm sure that will continue throughout most of the summer.

I'd say Orlik Golden Sliced, PS LBF and LTF, Capstan Blue, Dunhill DNR, Mac Baren Virginia Flake and Mixture Flake will be staples In my rotation this summer.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Summer gets very Oriental. A lot of the Grand Oriental line, Red Rapparee, McClellands No. 24, Ashton Pebblecut.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
El ricon de la pipa and pretty much any Va or VaPer. But ERDLP in the morning, always.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I don't discriminate between tobacco choices given the season, but perhaps that is because I always smoke indoors:).

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
I'd say the only change I make during the warmer season is to smoke less of the Balkans and reserve them for after dark with a cold drink. I do smoke more VaPers in the summer especially when fishing for some odd reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.