PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I'm back, after some difficult med problems in the dead of winter, so the question isn't original and I'm sure must have been touched on elsewhere. But in the classic scenario, if you were tossed off a ship onto a one- acre island surrounded by hungry sharks, what one factory pipe would the pirates allow you to take and allowed you to choose? (OK, so I'm embellishing.)

I've discovered my favorite to be the Peterson Waterford 106. It is a rare type for Peterson, because it's a pipe rendered down to the essentials:smooth, no blasting or rustication, and the trademark band is absent. And it is my perfect smoke. This is the pipe Marcus Aurelius would choose if pipe smoking was done in ancient Rome. I need to get a second one so this one has time to rest.

img_1244-600x344.jpg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I don't have just one pipe that would make me forsake all others.
Yabbut, you have to in this scenario!
New wrinkle. The abductors now say you can bring one additional pipe- or two- at the cost of one testicle per.
So, whaddya bring??
Me, I am going to stay with the one pipe.

eaglewriter1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2018
Difficult Question, but I guess I would go with my Savinelli Ivory Bulldog. But more importantly: What would I smoke unless said deserted Island does happen to have some wild growing tobacco on it?^^

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Out of the pipes that survived my last culling, I'm going to go with this one.
img_20171019_0702021.jpg

*disclaimer-no Weavers were harmed during the last culling

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Oh, gosh, that's tough .. hmm... Ad factory pipe too. I'm going to go on the inference that it strikes out things like true Nording freehands, in which case I guess it'd have to be one of my Savinellis, though which one I'd have to struggle with. Probably the Autograph giant, just in case I needed to whack one of the sharks in the nose to keep them in their arena & me in mine!
Bill

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I purchased these three pipes at "A La Pipe du Nord" in Paris last September. The one in the middle is mine which is my favorite pipe. The other two I gave to my son and son-in-law. The whole experience of roaming around the pipe shop and talking to the owner is what makes it my favorite...plus it's a good smoker.
frenchpipes2-600x363.jpg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I love it when that happens. Why I have such a nice connection with my Blatter & Blatter pipes, my Milville, a few Petes and all my artisan pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.