PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcosmoasp

Might Stick Around
Jan 12, 2010
Sacramento, CA
For me, it's gotta be Albert King, the late bluesman with the left-handed Gibson "Flying V" who influenced many of my 60's favorite bands (like Cream) and was known to play in a cloud of pipe smoke (see below). I still get off on "Crosscut Saw" and "Red House" after all these years.

Albert_King.jpg

411991_170x170.jpg

oppie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2010
Chicago
Bytor, I didn't know Ginger Baker smoked a pipe! The two greatest drummers on the planet. Ginger Baker and Neal Peart.

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
Stevie Ray. I saw him on New years 1987 at the Fox Theater. He kicked ass.

oppie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2010
Chicago
Damn Bytor, You are good. I thought I knew everything there was to know about Ginger Baker. Never knew he smoked a pipe. Thanks. Thee drumming God! How I loved his playing. Neil Peart has taken the mantle and has done him proud.

bytor

Can't Leave
Jan 21, 2010
Washington
I suppose I am so used to dealing with people my age or younger (or who have no significant interest in music)...I half expected that nobody would know who Ginger Baker is!

oppie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2010
Chicago
Bytor, I'm 50 so I remember when music was music and players actually were musicians. Not like 99% of the music made today. I have always felt that The Cream were the best players ever. I actually had the pleasure of meeting Eric Clapton several years ago backstage during his Crossroad tour. A true gentleman and genuine nice guy. I'm sorry to say I've never had the chance to meet Baker or Bruce.

lbarraa

Lurker
Feb 20, 2010
Whoa...in English Howlin Wolf, John Lee Hooker And Albert King

And in spanish Axel Krygier

Bests

Luis Barra

bytor

Can't Leave
Jan 21, 2010
Washington
Art & Oppie...FYI, I just got the 2 CD set of the Cream concerts recorded at Royal Albert Hall in London in 2005. Awesome!
The track "Toad"....KICK-ASS 9 1/2 minute drum solo!
I would still argue that Peart does a more awe-inspiring solo...but this is impressive nonetheless! Baker is definitely no slouch!

Reactions: rotate
Status
Not open for further replies.