PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

briarguys

Might Stick Around
Nov 5, 2013
TN
Let me know what your favorite factory made pipe is ( Peterson, Savinelli, etc. )
Post pictures showing them off, if you'd like!

oklansas

Can't Leave
Apr 16, 2013
DC
Don't know if I can pick one, but here are two of my favorites:
Mr. Brog No. 19

2013-05-14-170825-600x450.jpg

Missouri Meerschaum Ozark Mt. Hardwood

2013-05-10-1728161-450x600.jpg

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
My favorite factory brand is Peterson, if you couldn't tell by the signature lol. I have about sixteen of them and love them all.
My favorite out of the Peterson's that I own is the rusticated 2011 Pipe of the Year that I have.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If I had to settle on one favorite factory made pipe, it would be Savenelli. I have a Opera Rhodesian 673KS, a churchwarden 601, and Oscar Lucite prince KS, and three unfinished, a slender straight billiard with tapered stem, a 404 zulu with bent tapered stem, and a straight billiard panel with saddle stem. But I also greatly value my two Chacom, my BC, Dr. Grabow Royalton bulldog, a very low-end Kaywoodie push bit sandblast panel billiard, and six Petersons. Most factory made pipes are a great bargain, a lot of smoking for the buck.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Are we talking machine made or brand? I'd go with Stanwell for machine made.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Savinelli and their sub-brand Rossi are both great values.
Here's a Rossi Rubino Canadian along with the Rossi Napoli I won in the caption contest:
img_20150204_150936-600x513.jpg

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Chacom 'til the cows come home!
My Chacoms:
Chacom Salsa 297 Smooth Canadian

Chacom Samba 44 Ebony Bent Dublín w/ green accents

Chacom 815

Chacom Volute 1
I also love my Peterson, my Stanislav, and my King's Cross Featherweight, among others, but if I had to identify myself with a brand it would be Chacom.
Honestly though I, don't think it really matters, a pipe that smokes well is a pipe that smokes well. I love about half of my pipes, and the rest I smoke anyway.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I have a Dunhill, Comoy's, Butz Choquin, Brebbia, Lorenzo, Kaywoodie, Dr Gragow, Wally Frank, Ropp Cherrywood, a few LHS, and many others...my best smoker is a Canadian with a patch on the bowl's bottom and a meer lining by St. James.

I don't really have enough experience with the various factories to form an opinion as to which I like the best, but right now it's the Brebbia and the Lorenzo I enjoy smoking the most. (I haven't smoked the Dunny since I got it restemmed, nor the Comoy's, cuz I'm saving it)
A good smoking pipe is one I pick up w/o fear of gurgle or relight. It tastes good and feels good.

I'm looking forward to trying some more 'brands' and makes. It's been a rather haphazard time of collecting these for me because I just started last spring and I have obtained all my pipes but one from Ebay auctions.

I will say that it's been fun as heck learning about them.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
My Savinelli 904 alligator.
http://pipesmagazine.com/members/chasingembers/album/picture/15614

waxmojo

Might Stick Around
Aug 21, 2013
You can get a Savinelli in just about any price range and thy are fine pipes. My second place would be Stanwell. Peterson has a lot of fans. I have had lousy luck with the 3 Peterson pipes that I have owned.

darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
I have a modest collection of around forty, not counting cobs, but including half a dozen Savs. I have to say though that my favorite factory pipe is a Danish made Bari Harmonie, of which I have exactly one. It is a squashed tomato with surpassingly sensous looks and feel, and is a terrific smoker. Unfortunately Bari is out of business but there is a modest level of estate availability. I waited a year for this pipe, a Harmonie in shape 8197, to become available. It was worth the wait.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
Briar Spirit Pipes are my favorite followed by Comoy and GBD.
Love those meers and calabash too.

Status
Not open for further replies.